Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas Trees!

I decided to do two Christmas trees this year. This is the first year our attic has been our living room, so our real tree went up there this year. But I wanted to put a tree downstairs too. Mostly because I spend a lot of time downstairs, and also, sometimes when people come over, they don't go all the way upstairs. So I guess I wanted it to feel Christmasy downstairs too. I don't know why I'm spending so much time justifying this...I just love Christmas, and two trees is what I wanted this year! ;-)

The downstairs tree in the dining room is the formal tree. I decided to do red and gold with white lights. Yesterday I finally finished decorating it, and I love it!! The whole room glows now.

I love all the glittery ornaments...

...but I'm not loving that my entire dining room floor is covered with glitter!

For our second tree, we bought a real one. It is becoming tradition for us to buy our tree right after Thanksgiving, and we always buy it from the same tree farm. It was a beautiful day to pick one out!

This year we had to get a small tree, because our living room ceilings are low, and sloping in the spot where we put the tree. But I still think it's cute ;-)
The living room tree is the "fun" tree. We decorated it yesterday afternoon. Sarah came over and helped us, too! We watched Christmas Vacation while we decorated, and it was fun!

Here is the finished product...it was hard to get a good picture with the crazy bright lights

On this tree, we put all of our:

Special ornaments:

Old [and also special] ornaments:
This one's Luke's and it's from the year we were both born.

And funny ornaments:

Now all the work is done, and I'm ready to enjoy this Christmas season! I love putting our tree up as soon as Thanksgiving is over, because I like to enjoy it for as long as possible.

In addition to decorating our trees yesterday, I did a lot of other fun things! Including hang out with Sarah for most of the afternoon, and then spend the evening with my dad's side of the family. We all visited my grandma and ordered a pizza while we watched Pawn Stars. It was a very laid back evening, but I enjoyed it!


4 comments:

  1. Ooh, your downstairs tree is beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty!!!! I love this time of YEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your trees are so beautiful! I think in the future we'll do the formal tree.casual tree thing too. I'll want to put one upstairs and one downstairs anyway, and I like that idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!