Friday, November 12, 2010

Date Night 3: Due Date and Appetizers

For our third official, planned, date night, it was my turn to pick the activities. I decided to keep it simple and go to a movie...one that Luke has been looking forward to seeing for months: Due Date
The movie was actually quite funny, but a little too disgusting for my taste. Nevertheless, I think Luke really enjoyed it.

After the movie, we headed over to Applebees for some half-priced appetizers. Luke enjoyed some wings, and I ordered the chicken wonton tacos. They were delicious! We ate while we watched Miami get their butts handed to them by the Celtics. Luke does not like the Celtics, but he LOVED watching them beat Lebron and the Heat. I enjoyed it too :-)

Anyway, I think Luke and I decided last night that we are getting too old for weeknight dates. We were so tired all night! We barely said a word to each other at Applebees because I think we were both just fighting to keep our eyes opened! When we got home (before 10 :-P) I crashed and fell right to sleep. Ugh, we are not supposed to be like this BEFORE we have kids! I told Luke we need to do something to re-energize ourselves. When we were first dating (over 6 years ago, but still!), we would hang out AT LEAST until midnight, every single night! Even when I had class or work early the next morning!

Getting old is tough. But I still had a fun time with Luke last night! I'm looking forward to finding out what activity he will choose for date night next week :-)

2 comments:

  1. Aw, that's sweet that you picked a date he would like! I totally understand about the not staying up too late thing- I barely make it to 11 on a weekend now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting old?? haha Jess you are so funny. You are still SUPER young...tell those kids at work to stop wearing you out so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!