Sunday, December 12, 2010

Week in Review: 2- hour delays and Christmas Baking

Sunday 12/5 - After church we tried out a new restaurant called Skyline Diner. their burgers were pretty good, but not quite up to Hot Dog Shoppe par. What can I say...nothing compares to Hot Dog Shoppe! Right after that, I went to my cousin Sarah's baby shower. It was the first of many, I'm sure, because every woman I know is pregnant. I'm barely exaggerating. Anyway, after that, the other Sarah (who is not my cousin and who is not pregnant) came over to visit for awhile. We visited and caught up, and all too soon it was time for Sarah to head home. And after that, Luke and I went to an event at our church called "Walk the Walk." It was a tour of our new building addition, followed by a short service and communion. After that crazy, nonstop day, Luke and I were lucky to have the rest of the evening to relax!

Monday 12/6 - It snowed quite a bit between Sunday and Monday morning, so my school had a 2-hour delay! What a great little blessing to start the week! After my short work-day, I went grocery shopping, and spent the rest of the evening chilling at home.

Tuesday 12/7 - My morning began with yet another 2-hour delay! I just loved getting to sleep in two days in a row! On Tuesday evening Luke and I had our connect group, and it was really good this week! We felt very blessed afterwards

Wednesday 12/8 - This was my first full school day of the week. Once I got home, I spent the evening cleaning, doing laundry, and relaxing. You know...same old, same old.

Thursday 12/9 - Thursday was the third grade's Christmas musical in the afternoon, so that made for a pretty easy work-day for me! Although I had almost an hour's worth of lunch duties due to the changed schedule, so that wasn't fun! Haha...anyway, when I got home, my grandpa visited to drop off some beautiful poinsettias, and check out our trees and new couch. The rest of the evening was spent much the same as Wednesday evening: cleaning, finishing laundry, and relaxing. And then right before bed, Luke and I snuggled up on the couch to watch the Christmas episode of The Office. Perfect way to end a Thursday :-)

Friday 12/10 - After work I went shopping for lots of baking supplies, since I planned to start my Christmas baking during the weekend. I then came home and worked on several projects while Luke was at basketball. Sadly, once Luke got home, we were both hanging out on the couch and I ended up falling asleep before 10! On a Friday night! When did I turn into an old lady?? And how lame am I?? :-P

Saturday 12/11 - due to my early evening the night before, I woke up and was rarin' to go at 7:00 AM the next day. Which is pure craziness for a Saturday morning! Anyway, I honestly took a shower and then changed back into a pair of pajamas for most of the day...I thought Christmas baking day warranted this for some reason. I relaxed and watched The Food Network until Luke woke up. Then I made some cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and we ate while we watched the Christmas episode of The Middle. We have to watch all of our DVR'd shows on the weekend, because we are too tired and/or watching sporting events during the week. After that, I spent the entire day baking. I made peppermint bark, Russian tea cakes, and peanut butter blossoms. I finished just in time to stop down and visit my grandma and drop off some cookies (in case you're keeping track, I made sure to change into some real clothes before leaving the house instead of pajamas! Haha...), because my parents were there helping her decorate for Christmas. Right after that, I had two meetings at the church for the building campaign committee. Luke joined me for the second one, and it was very, very powerful. People were sharing their testimonies from our last campaign. I'm so glad Luke could be there, because I think we were both truly blessed! But the evening didn't end there...we had one of our date nights later that night! Luke got to choose this week, and he chose to go see a late showing of Unstoppable...it was a nail-biter! But very good What a full day we had, but it was a PERFECT one!

Milestones this week: Luke and I completed our commitment for our church's last building campaign, and set our pledge for the next one. (It's all for the same building addition, just two separate campaigns. If that makes sense).

Movies I watched this week: Unstoppable (A)

Books I'm reading this week: The Bible - still in II Samuel, and Christmas with Anne by L.M. Montgomery.

Songs I'm Loving this Week: What Child is This - Martina McBride, The First Noel - Josh Groban and Faith Hill

Things I'm looking forward to next week: A possible snow day or two-hour delay...we're supposed to get a lot of snow in the next couple of days! *Fingers crossed ;-)* And honestly...I can't think of a single other thing that I have planned for next week! So I guess it will be a relaxing one :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!