Friday, December 31, 2010

2010: Year in Review - Milestones and Favorites

Milestones this year: I learned to play the violin (ish), took a writing class, celebrated our 2-year wedding anniversary, learned to sew, turned 26, bought a car, made one of the best friends ever, and went through a huge trial that has brought me so much closer to the Lord!

Things I learned this year: NOT procrastinating is the best way to decrease stress, I learned to stick up for myself a little more and be less sensitive, I learned what a real friend is, and I learned that God is in control of every situation, so there is no need for me to micro-manage things.

Favorite movies this year: Tangled, Toy Story 3, Inception, Knight and Day, Nanny McPhee Returns, Eclipse, and Shutter Island

Favorite books this year: Love and Respect by Emmerson Eggerichs, His Needs, Her Needs by William F. Harley, Jr., Crazy Love by Francis Chan, Blue Heart Blessed by Susan Meissner, This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti, and Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton.

Favorite TV shows this year: The Office, Glee, Grey's Anatomy, 30 Rock, Modern Family, The Middle, Teen Mom, 19 Kids and Counting, and The Bachelor/Bachelorette.

**************************
That rounds out my Year in Review posts!

Wow, what a year! It always blows me away how much can change and happen in one year. And this year was no exception! This year has held so many amazing memories, and also the biggest challenge of my life. There were times this year when I experienced hurt that I didn't know was possible, but each time, God pulled me out of it, and brought me nearer to Him. On one of the first posts I wrote in 2010, I wrote that I wanted my verse of the year to be Joshua 1:9 - "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." If I've learned nothing else this year, I've learned that the last part of that verse is so true. I am going to make this my theme verse for 2011 as well, because I sense that this thing I'm going through might not get any easier anytime soon. But I have nothing to be afraid of! God will take care of it, all in His time.

As a little sidenote, I have decided not to share any of my New Years Resolutions on the blog, because last year I didn't even come close to meeting a single one of them! Haha...this way, I won't feel so bad if I fail. By the way, I deleted the post from last year when I wrote about my resolutions, because it was just too depressing! Haha!

Have a fabulous New Year!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I never make New Year's Resolutions, because I always end up being disappointed at the end of the year, and why put myself through that? The closest I ever came to making a resolution was writing a list of books I would like to read in 2010 - and I think I read three of them, so that was disappointing too!

    2010 has been such a big year for you - praying 2011 finds you and Luke with the best kinds of blessings. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!