Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Cookie Roundup

I thought I may not be making many Christmas cookies this year.  But I changed my mind a few days ago!  I have a few places I'm supposed to bring a dessert to on Christmas Eve and Christmas day, so I thought cookies were as good a dessert as any!  Especially for Christmas.

So I got out of bed bright and early this morning to venture out and get some supplies.  And then I spent almost six hours baking.  That was a lot even for me!  

I made some Scottish Shortbread:

Of course I made Peanut Butter Blossoms

Tried these Chocolate Crackle Cookies (although they didn't "crackle" much!)


Made Pretzel-Rolo Sandwiches (just like these Rolo Turtles, but without the pecans.  Pecans are expensive, so I just used two pretzels :-))

And then I made fudge in cute cookie cutters!  I found the idea on Pinterest a long time ago.  In the tutorial, it says to peel the fudge out of the cookie cutters, but I thought it would be cool to leave the cookie cutters on as an added gift  :-)  I'm going to wrap these in Christmasy bags with a few other cookies, and give them out as gifts.


What a long day!!  Baking is hard work when you do it for six hours!  Tonight Luke has band practice for the Christmas Eve service, so I think it's the perfect evening to grab a mug of coffee or hot chocolate, curl up under a blanket with my fur-babies (plus Max the dog!  We're puppy-sitting til the day after Christmas :-)) and watch It's a Wonderful Life.  I don't want to sound mean, but I sort of can't wait til Luke leaves so I can start my movie night! Ha!  Until then, I still have a big mess in the kitchen to clean up, and a few last presents to wrap!

Now it's starting to feel like Christmas!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I saw the fudge on Pinterest too and had the same idea you did about leaving them in the cutters as gifts! I think I might use that one next year! Yours look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea to do with the fudge! I have never thought of that before!!

    Merry Christmas!!
    Alli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!