Thursday, May 20, 2010

Camera!

Last night, my friend JC let me borrow his camera for the next week or so! I am so excited, and have barely let it leave my side. Unfortunately, I haven't had too much to photograph besides animals! I'm hoping I have some more opportunities in the next few days to try it out on some other things, though!

So here's what I came up with while I was dabbling. It was on auto pretty much the whole time because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but I think some of them turned out okay :-)

This picture of Ellie made me laugh so hard! She looks like she is sticking her tongue out at me.

I liked this one of her too (Gabby seems to be terrified of the camera, so I couldn't get any good ones of her!)

I took a picture very similar to this last year with my p&s...I actually like that one better b/c it was taken on a rainy day and the coloring was just better. But I like the one below, too.

I like taking pictures of things with different textures

And I LOVE playing around with depth of field...see the difference?

I had to pick Luke up from work today (MORE car problems). He works at a park (or a set of like 7 of them) so I got out and took pictures at the creepy duck pond while I waited for him. I say creepy because there are like 500 ducks living in this tiny pond :-P (I'm exaggerating a little!) But anyway, I think this is my favorite picture I've taken so far. SOOC (straight out of camera)
I'm sure I will be snapping lots and lots more pictures while I am borrowing this prized possession of JC's. JC, I am forever indebted to your kindness for letting me borrow this! :-)

Tomorrow Luke and I are off to Cedar Point! I scheduled a post tomorrow, though, so you will still be hearing from me this weekend ;-) Have a great one!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos!! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome Jess, great pics so far! depth of field is my favorite thing about picture taking :p and you have it master already! have fun and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The creepy duck pond"... that is hilarious. I like the depth of field pictures. Do you live in Ohio? That's where I'm from.

    Came here from Callie's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!