Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Is This Normal? Plus a Recipe

Can you please tell me if this happens to anyone else? I feel so OLD!

Yesterday I worked from 7:30 - 2:30

I grocery shopped from 2:30 - 4:30

I fixed dinner from 4:30 - 6:30

I ate, cleaned up halfway from dinner, read some blogs, and watched some TV from 6:30 - 8:00.

I was starting to feel tired, so at 8:00 I thought I would take a little nap so I'd be re-energized to finish the dishes, fold a few loads of laundry, spend some time with Luke, and Maybe watch The Real Housewives if NJ. I thought a 30 minute nap would be just perfect.

Well, I fell asleep on the couch while Luke was playing some stupid ps3 game. I woke up at 12:15AM!! NAP FAIL!

You would not believe how mad at myself I was! My 30 minute nap somehow turned into 4 hours! Luke had already gone to bed by the time I woke up, although I'm sure he tried to wake me beforehand. Ugh. So I had dirty dishes in the sink which are STILL not done (haven't quite worked up the motivation today to get to them), wrinkly clothes in the dryer, and an unshowered body. Well, it's been showered NOW, but last night it hadn't. I like to take a shower the night before so I can just straighten my hair the next morning. Needless to say my hair has been left curly today.

Does this happen to anyone else!? I just can't believe I am THIS exhausted. SO frustrating. And now today I feel behind, like I lost 4 hours of my life! I just can't wait until summer. I really think it's solely the kids at work who exhaust me so much. I think I could get 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night in the summer and I'd be wide awake and ready to go at all times. 12 more days...I think I might be able to make it :-P

******************************

During my 2-hour cooking spree last night, I decided to make some feta bruschetta. I found the recipe in one of the coupon booklets that came in the paper this past weekend. Did anyone else see it? It actually turned out to be completely delicious. Here it is in case you want to try it for yourself:

Ingredients:
1 large tomato
1/2 c crumbled feta cheese
1/4 c chopped Kalamata olives
1/4 c Italian vinaigrette dressing with extra EVOO
Ritz crackers

Mix all the ingredients together (besides the crackers, obviously!) and chill for 2 hours.

Mine didn't look quite as good as the picture on the recipe, but it tastes great! I'm actually eating it right now. I always need a little snack to hold me over after work.

Have a great Tuesday! Hopefully you live somewhere where it's a lot sunnier than it is here. We've been experiencing the ugliest two days of all time here, I think. It better go away before our Cedar Point trip this weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Wow that recipe is all of my favorite things!! I'm so excited to try it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that bruchetta sounds, and looks amazing!!

    And I fall asleep many times, thinking I'll just take a quick nap, and end up waking up in the middle of then night! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not the only one - I've never tried to take a nap that late at night, because I know I would just fall asleep. I'm tired alot lately - so ready for vacation. But I'm one of those people that needs about twelve hours of sleep a night to feel completely rested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries. I'm that old, too! I'm that tired all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I have a general rule of thumb of no napping after 7. If I'm that tired, I just make it to 9:30 and sleep longer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks SO yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Seriously. That's totally me. You are SO NOT alone! I stopped with the whole "power nap" thing because I never wake up. I have a bit more energy in the summer when the sun is out longer, but I'm pretty much still in bed by 10:00. Lame, I know.
    Did you know Martha Stewart only needs 3-4 hours of sleep at night? I knew I didn't like her...

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! AND YES! I get that exhausted too!!! It's crazy... life can be draining!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!