Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!


I hope everyone has had an excellent, long weekend! I know I have. It has really felt like summer, and I'm pretty bummed that I have to go back to work tomorrow! But only for one more week, and then summer will officially start for me!

My wonderful weekend began Friday night with my sister. We both went shopping for all the Memorial Day essentials we needed for the weekend: food, beverages, and graduation party cards. We then headed over to my parents' house for chocolate milkshakes while we watched the Indians lose again :-P It was a great night to chill and get ready for the weekend to come.

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early (err...at 8:45AM :-P) and headed over to my friend Rachel's surprise going away party/brunch. She is a friend from church and she's heading off to Colorado for the next few months. We had delicious food (french toast casserole...yum!!) and had fun talking and spending time together before she leaves. It was a gorgeous morning, and we headed out for a little photo shoot after we ate! The party was at my aunt's house, and she has beautiful flowers and gardens all over her yard
I know somebody got a really cute picture of all of us on this cute little bench by a tree, courtesy of the self-timer ;-) But I'm not sure who took it, and I haven't seen it. Instead, here's one I snapped of Rachel, and my cousin whose name also happens to be Rachel ;-) With all of the weird friend-issues I've had in the past year, I'm blessed to call the group of ladies who were there my friends :-)
Later I headed over to my parents' for the day to get my tan on ;-) And after that I had two more parties to head to! It was a busy weekend! First I headed over to my friend Kristin's...I brought these cute Pillsbury pre-made American flag cookies. I just love these! They're sooo easy and quick, and they taste delicious!
At the first party, we made hot dogs over the fire, and had a lot of other delicious food. It really felt like summer
I headed over to the second party, where Luke was, after a few hours. It was almost a half-hour's drive from the first party. I got there, visited for a little while with everyone, and then everyone started to leave! lol...I only stayed for about 40 minutes total. So I guess I should have either stayed at the first party the whole time, or driven over earlier, because the 30 minute drive was almost not worth it! It was fun, though, even though I wish it had lasted longer.

Sunday morning was church...we had an amazing acoustic worship set, and I really enjoyed the morning! After that it was time for...guess what...another party! This time it was a Memorial Day party with Luke's family. We ate the delicious food, and then just sat around visiting all day because it was just. too. hotttt. to do anything else! And then we headed over to my parents' house because they had invited us over for pizza in the evening. I think we probably gained 5 lbs each this weekend! ;-)

At Luke's family party, his aunt was talking about Lost and what a great show it was. I have never watched it before, but I knew we had it on Instant Netflix, so I decided I'd give it a try. So last night when we got home I would do a load of laundry, and then watch an episode of Lost. Then I'd go do the dishes, and then watch another episode. Do more laundry, and watch another episode. lol...does anyone else do this? It helps me to not burn out while I'm doing chores! Anyway, I am totally addicted to the show, now, and I plan on watching it whenever I have free time this summer! I tend to catch on to big shows like this a little late.

This morning I woke up and continued my Lost/chores marathon ;-) It was a pretty low-key morning in our house, as I was watching Lost on my computer and Luke was watching the marathon of Deadliest Catch on The Discovery Channel :-) It was kind of rainy and dreary, so it was nice and cozy!

Later it got sunny again just in time for us to head over to a graduation party. Whew, our final party of the weekend! And we actually skipped two parties! So after the last party we went grocery shopping and got ready for the week ahead, and I plan on taking it easy after all that partying! lol...it's time for more Lost and then The Bachelorette later.

So it was a good, but very busy weekend. It was so much fun! I can't wait to see what other fun things this summer will bring. Just 4 days until freedom!! ;-)

P.S. Don't forget all of the men and women who have fought for our freedom! Praise God for their bravery and selflessness.

4 comments:

  1. WOW that was a crazy weekend! And a TON of parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that with shows too! I just got into One Tree Hill. I started on season one and am currently finishing season six. My new roommate and I are planning on starting Lost when we move in together in August. I'm so excited! :)
    I'm glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a very busy weekend! But yay for all the parties! So glad you had fun with the family :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!