Sunday, November 27, 2011

Week in Review: Thanksgiving!

Highlights:
~On Sunday, Luke and I went with 2 other couples from our small group to a Kari Jobe concert. It was actually more of a Night of Worship than a concert. It was such a great night!

~ I spent most of Monday and Tuesday studying for a huge neuro exam I had Tuesday evening. It was a lot of hard work, but I did really well on the test! So I rewarded myself with probably the last pumpkin spice latte of the season afterward. It was divine :-)

~On Wednesday, I spent most of the day working on Thanksgiving preparations. I made some pumpkin pie cupcakes for the next day, and tried a new mac and cheese recipe for dinner (it was good!)


~On Wednesday I also squeezed in enough time to finish reading a book! This is significant, because it's the first book I've read for leisure all semester. The book is called She's out of Control, and it's book 2 in the Ashley Stockingdale series by Kristin Billerbeck. The lovely Heather lent me the last two books in the series after I finished the first one in the middle of the summer! I'm so happy that I'm finally getting to read them, and so appreciative that she lent them to me and told me to take as much time as I need to read them :-) Anyway, the series is great, and totally hilarious! A really good Christian fiction series. And for me to say that?? means it's really good. I have some problems with a lot of Christian fiction books. (see my Breaking Dawn post if you're curious as to why).

~Thursday was wonderful! I just love Thanksgiving :-) Luke and I slept in and watched the Macy's Parade. Then we went to my grandparents' for awhile, and later headed to Luke's side of the family for the big meal. After we ate, we spent all day playing board games and fawning over Luke's new baby cousin. Later, Luke went out shopping until about midnight with his sisters for cheap blu-rays. I opted out of that (I am too little and gentle to deal with big, pushy crowds like that! haha), and chose to have a peaceful evening watching Home Alone instead. When Luke got home, we were both still wide awake for some reason, and ended up staying awake until 2 or 2:30 watching all the Thanksgiving episodes of Friends. Another great Thanksgiving spent with loved ones :-)


~I slept in super late on Friday (you probably won't ever find me at any of those early bird sales!) but around noon I hit the town with Mom and Julie. We had lunch at Panera, and then braved the crowds at Target, Kohls, Barns and Noble, and Ulta (smaller than the crowds at Walmart the night before. This I could at least handle!). We didn't buy much, but it was fun to have the experience of shopping a bit on Black Friday.

~Friday evening I went out with my family again to go see The Muppets. I have always been a huge Muppets fan, and I have to say that this movie was AMAZING! Sooo funny! It doesn't hurt that Amy Adams and Jason Segel are two of my favorite actors. And the cameos?? hysterical! There was one cameo in particular that caught me so off guard that I almost couldn't handle it. I laughed soooo hard. If you've seen it, you probably know which part I'm talking about, but I'm not going to say who it was because I don't want to ruin it for anyone :-) Anyway, go see this movie now!! I think anyone would love it!

~Saturday was Christmas tree day! We picked out our tree in the morning, and spent most of the day decorating while we watched the (sad) Ohio State game. The cats kind of love the tree, but I'm afraid we're going to have a Christmas Vacation moment!


~Saturday night I was feeling a little under the weather, so we chilled at home in the evening, had a delicious homemade white pizza for dinner(recipe found here) and watched the DVR'd Thanksgiving episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Did anyone else watch it? It was so good! Can you tell that Luke and I took advantage of our leisure time and watched a LOT of TV and movies? Haha...don't judge. Luke worked two jobs for the past 6 months, and I have been juggling work/school/home, and this was the first time in a looong time that we could just do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted! And we loved it :-)

***
I'm a little sad to see this week end. I have one more week of class, and then it's finals week, so I'm going to have to really buckle down and work hard. I guess it's sad to go from being so carefree this week to having so much to worry about in the next two! But then I'll have an entire month off from classes! So I think pushing through two more weeks won't be so bad :-)

3 comments:

  1. LOVE Kari Jobe!!! and those cupcakes look DELISH and so does that pizza!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! I've read those books by Kristin Billerbeck too, and I enjoyed them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun week! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!