It really was that simple. The only supplies I needed were:
- A mason jar
- A small candle to fit inside the jar
- spray paint (I chose white so I can reuse the luminary at Christmastime, but red or blue would give it a more patriotic look)
- Star stickers
- Optional: some kind of cute string, yarn, or twine to tie around the top of the jar.
And here's what I did:
1. Randomly stick the star stickers on the Mason Jar. As many or as few as you want.
2. Spray paint the Mason Jar. Make sure you hold the can back at a good distance to prevent drips.
3. Once the jar is completely dry, carefully peel the star stickers off. Then tie a pretty little bow around the top if you feel so inclined...
And that's it! Throw in a candle and you're good to go. Perfect for Independence Day, or as I mentioned earlier, I'm breaking this out again for Christmas.
I put it right on my little entryway dresser, along with my patriotic plate and chalkboard.
And yes, that is my quick, freehand attempt at patriotic chevron. Don't laugh too hard. I think the "rough" look somehow works with my handmade chalkboard and luminary.
And just for fun, here it is in the dark. My favorite part is that it casts little stars on the wall. Thank you, Pinterest!