Friday, July 6, 2012

High Five for Friday

Temperatures have been in the 90s for weeks now, and we've been spending lots of time at my parents' pool.  I'm so thankful they have one, and that it's always open to anyone who wants to swim!  It's been so refreshing on these scorching hot days.

On Monday, Luke had a softball game, and I just couldn't shake the craving for a blizzard.  I convinced him to stop on our way home, and it made my night.  Yes, it was a diet cheat, but I'm not going to beat myself up for it. YOLO!  
Speaking of food, I cannot get enough watermelon lately! I've never been a huge fruit person, but since I've been eating healthier, I've developed a real taste for the sweetness of fruit.  Watermelon is my favorite right now. Plus, what says "summer" more than a fresh slice of watermelon?

We had a fun campout for 4th of July.  We had some adventures and basically almost died.  But despite that, it was great!  (I'm kidding...we just got caught in some bad, bad weather.  But luckily had a safe place to stay during the storms).

 While the men were fishing on Wednesday morning, our friends' dog "Little Man" decided to try to swim for the first time, and he was immediately obsessed.  He got so excited, he would paddle his little legs too quickly and end up somehow swimming upright.  And then his paws would splash little droplets of water up, and he would try to catch them in his mouth.  It was the funniest thing I'd seen in awhile. And just when we though he couldn't get any cuter, he became distracted by the bobbers, and tried to swim out and catch them every time the guys would cast out.  It was all just too cute and funny!  Almost had me re-thinking my decision not to have a dog in our house.  Almost.

***

Have a happy Friday!  I am spending mine in Pittsburgh, at Ikea, so I'm sure I'll have a good one! 

3 comments:

  1. So jealous of your parent's pool, it looks so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog swimming is so cute! And yum, I LOVE Blizzards; and hey, maybe all the watermelon canceled out the blizzard and you're still on track with your diet! At least that's how I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled upon your blog, girl, and I love your pictures here! The watermelon, water & that yummy blizzard are the perfect summer cool-downs! :)

    I'm excited to stay awhile & read more :)

    xo!

    Erin

    sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!