We've spent the whole week just doing summery things, and it has been so much fun! Here is what we did in a nutshell
- Went swimming with friends
- Church softball games
- Blizzards at Dairy Queen
- Cookout with Luke's family which included a bonfire and great food (pizza pies, lots of watermelon, hot dogs, chocolate covered strawberries, etc!)
- A campout with friends -- our friend Jesse's parents have a beautiful place with a lake and a lot of land, so we stayed there with friends. The campout included:
- Burgers and fresh, fried curly fries
- Fun rides around the property on the Polaris
- Chatting around the campfire
- Late night fishing for the guys
- The biggest storm we've had in years. We heard tornado sirens from multiple towns
- A trip to Jesse's parents' house to wait out the storm in their basement.
- A second trip to Jesse's parents' house when a second wave of the storm hit. But this time we sat on their beautiful patio and watched it, so that was pretty cool.
- Going to bed at 2, everybody sleeping in the little lodge instead of our tents/popup since everything was soaked and we were afraid it would rain again!
- Bacon and eggs over the campfire for breakfast
- Sitting by the lake while the guys fished
- Watching Little Man (the dog) discover swimming for the first time! Multiple belly laughs ensued.
- A peaceful afternoon of sleeping at home after our wonderful, but tiring and somewhat adventure-filled camping trip!
- Sitting out late-night on the 4th, enjoying another crazy storm on our porch. the lightning show was better than fireworks.
The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love celebrating our wonderful country and just enjoying summer! How did you spend your 4th?