I know Luke and I just moved into this house a mere 8.5 months ago. But I'm getting the itch to buy another house already! This move brought with it a few downgrades from our apartment. Overall, I think our apartment was a little bit bigger and nicer. But we couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy this house, especially because of the apartments we could rent out. Consequently, I find myself dreaming all the time about our next house. I even look online at the houses in our area just to see what you can get for what price here. I guess I'm preparing way ahead of time for when we move!
Our plan is to move in 5 years. Let's hope we can do it! We've started a down payment fund, and hope to be ready to move out right about the time we're ready to have our second child. (I know things don't always work out how we plan them, but I feel better if I have a detailed plan anyway ;-))
So today I thought I'd make a list of things that I would love to have in my dream house. Just for fun :-)
1. A fireplace. One in the living room is enough, but I would REALLY love one in the master bedroom as well. Since I'm just dreaming, I can go all out, right?
2. A DISHWASHER!!!!!!!!!! I hate washing dishes more than anything else. A dishwasher would be a dream come true.
3. A huge whirlpool bathtub. I'll have kids and Luke to take care of by that time, so I think I'll need a retreat area to relax ;-)
4. A big porch with a porch swing. Preferably a wrap around porch, with lots of hanging baskets and flower pots around it.
5. A Puppy! I've decided that a puppy just won't work in this little apartment. Especially since we live on the second/third floors. So when we move, we're getting one.
6. A big living/family room. I want to be a family that spends a lot of time together, so a big family room is a necessity. We'll need a place to have game nights and movie nights. Plus Luke wants high, cathedral ceilings in our future living room, so we can guy a giant Christmas tree every year :-)
7. A dining room. We have a makeshift "dining room" now, which is just a table in the hallway. So I can't wait to have a big dining room with a big, beautiful table where we can all eat dinner together.
8. A piano. My parents have a piano which they would be willing to give me, but Luke said it would be too hard to move it in here because of the steps we would need to bring it up. I WILL have a piano in my next house! I hope to teach my kids to play the piano someday, if they are interested.
That's all I can think of for now. It is so much fun to think about what it will be like when we start having kids, and move into our "forever home." Or at least our "until retirement" home. I don't know about Luke, but I plan on touring the country or even the world when our kids are all grown up and out of the house, and we're retired. Let's hope Dave Ramsey's plan works so that we're able to do that! lol
I can't wish our time away now, though. It's fun just the two of us. It's even fun living in our first house, even though it's not my "dream house." ;-)