Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Spontaneity

Last night Luke and I were planning on chilling at home. But at 5:00, he got a call from his mom reminding him about his grandma's birthday party. Luke had told me nothing about this party. It just happened to be scheduled for 6:00 last night. Nothing like finding out about things at the last minute :-P But we headed over to his grandparents' house for pizza, cake, and ice cream. We had a good time, and I'm so glad we went! I'm going to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince with Luke's mom, sister, aunt, and cousins this morning, and we were all talking about it all night. We all can't wait to see it!

After the party, we decided to head into town. Luke got some sort of government stimulus thing with his last paycheck. We're not exactly sure why, but we were excited! Luke's cousin gave him a futon awhile ago, but it was only the frame. So we decided to splurge and buy a futon mattress with some of the extra money. It was kind of a spur of the moment decision, but it makes the attic room look so much better! (It's our Ohio State room, and it's still pretty ugly. But this definitely helps!)

So here was the couch we had in there before...an old, faded, disgusting, hand-me-down couch:
And here we are after! Much better, no? Plus, now we can pull it out into the bed when we want to relax and watch a movie. Now if only we could get new carpet. that is definitely next on the attic to-do list.
After our trip to Big Lots, I thought we were going to head home. But Luke surprised me by turning the opposite direction of our house when he pulled out of the parking lot. He told me we were going to Wal-Mart to spend a little bit more of our extra money on supplies for our camping trip this weekend. So we probably spent a good hour in Wal-Mart in the camping and fishing sections. We didn't buy much: only a lantern, a cool light that can be hung from the ceiling of the tent, and Luke bought a new tackle box and fishing supplies. But it was really fun preparing for this weekend! I think a significant amount of the weekend is going to be spent fishing. All the other people we are going with love to fish. Not me, though! So I'm planning on bringing my borrowed copy of "Eclipse," and spending some quality time reading that and working on my tan while everyone else fishes. Oh, and taking lots of pictures. I will be perfectly content, as long as I don't have to touch a worm, minnow, or big fish!!

Well I'm off to get ready for HP in a few hours! I have been looking forward to this since I saw HP and the Order of the Phoenix 2 years ago!

Oh, and one more thing before I leave. Last night I was downstairs helping Luke get some camping things organized, when I heard meowing coming from the attic stairs. When I got to the stairs, this is what I saw:
I thought it was too cute not to share it. She was trying to use her head to push the door open. I guess we didn't realize she was still up there! Poor Gabby :-P

Have a wonderful Wednesday! I'll be posting another Wedding Wednesday post later today to write about our beautiful mountain honeymoon to Tennessee!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for Harry Potter! Can you believe I have never seen one in theaters? *gasp* I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new futon - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Futon looks great! I hope you have a great time this weekend!

    And awwww poor gabby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun evening!! Hope you enjoyed the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, and I wanted to mention this but I completely forgot! My husband and I made "Silver Turtles" last time we went camping and they were so yummy! Ahead of time, I chopped up some potatoes (I would boil them a little before you pack them, to help them start to soften when you cook them), carrots, onions and bell peppers. We brought along some chicken cutlets and the night we ate, we wrapped everything into individual tin foil packets and threw them on the fire. Throw some seasoning on them before you leave the house. So yummy and EASY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cat does such cute things! I really like your futon - it looks very chic. *grin*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!