Saturday, October 17, 2009

Prizes!!

I got a call from my mom this morning asking if I'd like to spend the day shopping with her. I'm glad I decided to go, because it was a really fun day! Even though it's freezing and dreary out, the leaves were still all so beautiful. I think they're just about at the peak of their beauty right now.

We ate lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings...my mom had never been there! It was of course DELICIOUS as usual. The Asian Zing sauce is my absolute favorite! You should definitely try it next time you're there :-)

While we were out, I had a chance to pick out the prize for my October photo scavenger hunt! (I hope you all decide to participate, and are getting your pictures together!) I decided to go with a fall/Thanksgiving theme with the prizes. So you will be competing for:
This cute Thanksgiving pumpkin sign from Kirklands (only my favorite store EVER):
This Fall Gatherings candle, also from Kirklands. Take my word for it, it smells AMAZING!! Your house will be so cozy, filled with the sweet yet spicy scents of pumpkin, mulled cider, and cinnamon rolls!
And my favorite part: this Pumpkin Spice Cupcake mix, complete with the cupcake and frosting mixes, plus sprinkles, liners, and icing toppers! How fun for a party or just a cozy fall day :-)

So there you have it...perfect for the last stretch of fall :-) Remember to be keeping your cameras with you and snapping pictures for the 5 categories: Trick or Treat, Orange, Together, Delicious, and Harvest.

--------------------
And now I just have to share something that I bought for myself today. I love adding little touches our house that make it more of our HOME. I LOVE monograms, because I think they do just that. We've lived in our house for almost a year now, and I'm still yet to display a single monogram! So today I bought this one at Hobby Lobby for about $12. I love it! It's hanging in our hallway right now, but I may be moving it to the living room or bedroom. I'm not sure yet, but I'm loving it :-)I guess that is all for today! I'm off to the church to work in the nursery during the power team service again, and after that, Luke and I are going to Applebees with some friends for the second night in a row! I'm not complaining though...I haven't had to cook since Thursday! :-P

Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the prizes! I hope I win! ;-) That Thanksgiving sign is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute monogram! I love it! I also love Kirklands, but, alas, ours was closed down :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cupcake set looks so great!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!