...While I was sick (I think I'm pretty much recovering now, so YAY!)
1. The BRAT diet is not fun after about 12 hours. If I have to look at any more bananas, rice, applesauce, or toast, I think I will get sick. Again.
2. Vitamin Water is something I never want to taste again. I bought some yesterday thinking it would help me restore all of the vitamins and important things I had been losing from my body, and EWWW. Never again.
3. Sugar and caffiene make me feel good. I was finally able to eat some sugary things and drink som pop after work today since I thought my stomach could handle it, and I feel so much better! I feel like I'm actually awake now :-)
4. Laughter really is the best medicine. I watched The Office every hour that I was lying in bed, trying to get my body to finally get better. I am completely obsessed with that show now, and I think it's HILARIOUS. Not sure why I never watched it before, but I'm glad I discovered it!
5. I have a sweet husband. Not only did Luke pretty much fend for himself for the past week as far as food goes, but last night he also did the dishes! I always do the dishes, and the fact that he did it without being asked pretty much made my night :-)
6. When you recover from the flu, it feels like you get a new lease on life. I NEVER get sick like this, and I've especially never been sick like this for 10 days. So I want to go out and conquer the world now :-P
7. The stomach flu is a good weight-loss system. I think I lost approximately 3 pounds, and also a lot of water weight from my body. For the first time in about 6 months, I can remove my wedding ring from my finger. Not that I would want to ;-)
8. When you're sick and a newlywed, people automatically think you're pregnant. Trust me, I would have put up with this a lot better if that was the reason for the sickness!
And that's what I learned. Oh, and I also think I learned to be a bit of a germ-a-phob. I never want to be this sick again, and am consequently washing my hands approximately 87 times a day :-P Better safe than sorry, right??