Friday, October 15, 2010

Mini Bedroom Makeover

I've been wanting to do something different with our bedroom lately. It is just getting old and blah. Since It is my day off, I thought I'd work on a plan and an inspiration board.

Here is the bedroom now:
(The book shelf is now in the dining room, but everything else is pretty much the same)

The first thing I want to do, is get a new comforter. A WHITE one. Which is a little out of my comfort zone, because it means we will have to be super careful with it to keep it clean. In other words, I will not be able to bring the occasional cup of tea or mug of hot chocolate into bed with me at night while I am reading or watching Grey's Anatomy or The Bachelor. But I think it's a sacrifice I am willing to make.

I love a comforter I found at my favorite store, TJ Maxx, the other day. It looked something like this:
Found Here

It was basically the same, except the flowers embroidered on it were completely white, too.

I want to make a few ruffle pillows (in different sizes) like this for the bed:
Using the tutorial I found here, on my absolute favorite design/crafting blog. It will be my first official sewing project with my new {vintage} machine.

The ruffle pillow and other accents in the room will be the same color as the pillow above. In a nutshell, this is my inspiration for the room:
I've been so into Tiffany's blue lately.

I would also like to incorporate some gold and bronze tones, since I already have a gold pillow and the bed frame is bronze-ish.

We also need a new rug. I'm thinking about something like this



Found Here



We would like to get rid of our separate dressers, and buy a big one that we could share. Something like this (with different, unique knobs. I have a thing for knobs. And probably painted. I guess I just like the shape!):
Found Here...

But wouldn't it be awesome if I found an old dresser and painted it like this??
I'm not sure if I have the guts or if Luke would go for that idea. But I love it. I would probably choose a shade that wasn't quite so bright. But I love the way it would pop against all those neutral colors.

I would decorate with white candles. In lots of eclectic, white candle holders of different sizes
Image found here

And birds. Along with funky knobs, I also have a thing for birds. Some artwork or decals like this would be amazing.
Found here


And here are some inspiration photos. I like different elements in each of these rooms:
All three images found here

And my favorite...I don't feel like painting again, or else I would make my walls this color:
Found here

And here is the inspiration board I created!

Mini Bedroom Makeover
Mini Bedroom Makeover by jwallace1106 on Polyvore.com


I can't wait to get started!

4 comments:

  1. I am in love with aqua! It's gorgeous the way you like it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ideas, Jessica! I think the ruffle pillows are fabulous! I might use that idea myself, if you don't mind . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your taste. I am just about to be "redoing" our bedroom too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I love all of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!