Friday, October 8, 2010

Tagged!! Seven Questions

I am beyond horrible at participating when people tag me. But Callie tagged me for this question and answer activity, and I feel like participating tonight since I am lacking blog inspiration this week. And because it sounded like fun! I have to answer 7 questions, tag 7 people, and write 7 questions of my own for them to answer.

1. What do you like most about your current profession?

I teach special education math intervention, and I also teach The Wilson Reading System to a few groups of children (an intense phonics-based program for students with Dyslexia and other learning disabilities) in grades 3 - 6. My job can be difficult and even frustrating at times, but the thing I love most about it is, naturally, the kids. Just yesterday, a third grader had me laughing so hard I was almost crying. And I get more hugs in a day than probably anyone in any other profession! At times my students can make me crazy, but they are definitely the best thing about my job! My co-workers come in a close second :-)

2. What is your favorite color and why?

Anybody who knows me in real life definitely knows the answer to this question: PINK. I love pink! It is so pretty and feminine. I like it because it is just me. I like to think that if I were a color, I would be pink :-) The other day, Sarah told me that she has been liking pink more ever since we started hanging out a lot. I guess its cheerfulness is contagious! ;-)

3. How did you come to know the Lord?

I grew up in a Christian home. I can probably count on one hand the number of Sundays I've missed church, other than Sundays when I've been sick or on vacation. The Message has been a part of who I am for my entire life. So I don't really remember exactly how I came to know the Lord. It was a gradual thing that was ingrained in my from the time I was born. I do remember the moment that I really started to understand the gravity of God's love and what He did when He sent Jesus to die on the cross. I was at summer camp when I was 13, going into eighth grade. The speaker told the story of the crucifixion and resurrection, and it changed my life. I guess that is when my faith became my own, and not just something that people had been telling me about my whole life. I'm having trouble putting this all into words, so I hope it makes sense!


4. What was your favorite tradition growing up?

This is a tough question! There were so many. But I think it has to be all of our Christmas traditions. Decorating the tree together, going out to drive around and look at Christmas lights (we still do this one!), listening to Christmas music on an old record player while my sister and I fell asleep in our bunk beds, eating a big breakfast Christmas morning, watching Christmas movies, drinking hot chocolate while we opened presents on Christmas morning, setting up the nativity scene in the little stable that my sister and I built for my mom one year with the help of my dad...etc. Maybe I'm cheating, because that's definitely more than one tradition. But I couldn't pick just one!

5. What is your favorite girl movie?

Easy: You've Got Mail. I love everything about this movie. Runners up are: While You Were Sleeping, Sleepless in Seattle, Runaway Bride, Sweet Home Alabama, The Wedding Planner, The Proposal...I could go on and on :-)

6. What is one book that you would say is a "must-read"?
Crazy Love by Francis Chan. It will change the way you look at life and your relationship with the Lord. It is one I could read over and over, and learn something new and become re-invigorated in my walk with Christ each time.


7. What is one thing you would like to do for or with your future children?

Again, it is hard to narrow it down to just one! There are so many things that I can't wait to do for and with my future children. But the one that comes to my mind first is that I really want to read to them. Every night before bed. I remember when I was little, my mom would read to us most nights. Usually she would read from a Precious Moments book. My favorite was the Precious Moments: Bible Stories book. I loved the way the stories were told, and really loved the illustrations as well. I still have the book on my bookshelf, just waiting to be broken out again and read to my own children someday :-) I am not-so-patiently awaiting that day! Ha!


Okay, now it's your turn. I tag...

1. Brittany @ Living in the Moment
2. Jami @ Intentionally Living...
3. Anne @ Bibelot: Life's Little Things
4. Ria @ Life as a Wife!
5. Tatiana @ Living Life and Loving it
6. Elizabeth @ Musing Experiences
7. Meg @ Southern Pathways

...to answer the following questions:

1. If your life had a soundtrack, what are some songs that would be on it?
2. Where is your favorite vacation destination?
3. What was your favorite book as a child?
4. What are some of your hobbies?
5. Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what is it?
6. What is your favorite season and why?
7. What was your first job?



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for answering my questions! I love how enthusiastic you are about the color pink. :-) I definitely want to read to my children too - I think that would be pretty special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for tagging me!!! I love doing these...and answering questions!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!