Monday, January 2, 2012

Beginning

I was so excited to welcome the New Year on Saturday night! I could say that 2011 brought its share of disappointments, but I'm trying not to look at it that way. I know God will use every situation in my life, good or bad, according to His will. I know He has great plans.

2012 is beginning with a new perspective for me. This year I'm choosing to look up to my Father instead of the day-to-day situations that surround me. I can only see a tiny part of the picture, while He can see it all: every flourish that melds with the rest to create a beautiful masterpiece. So it makes sense that I surrender all. As my humble offering back to Him, I will try to be wholly present in each moment, and offer Him my greatest praise for His priceless gifts.

On Saturday night I began my count to 1000 gifts as I entered the new year:

1. A sweet midnight kiss from this guy

2. The hope and possibilities of a brand new year

3. Afternoon board games

4. Clean laundry smell

5. Reading a good book straight into the middle of the night
***


4 comments:

  1. Such an awesome way to look at the new year... and what a sweet lowkey way to celebrate NYE.

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!! I love the 1000 gifts idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from A holy Experience. Love that you are just starting to count. I am fairly new myself. I counted to 125 today and it has changed me from day one. I look forward to reading more. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also starting my 1000 gifts - May God open your eyes to even the tiniest gifts as He has done with mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!