Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bedroom Makeover: New Bed!!

In the past year, I've been in the process of making over our bedroom.  Here I posted about the picture I had in my head, and here I posted when I updated the bedding, curtains, and pillows.

Well, this winter Luke decided to add a big update: a new bed!  He made it himself.  Little-known fact about him: he is very artistic, and has a great eye for nice things, so he is very talented at making furniture.  (He has also made our coffee table, end tables, hall tree, and TV stand/entertainment console).

So here it is!  I love the monogrammed headboard, and I think he did an excellent job!  It's so special when he makes things, because I know they will be in our family forever.


(The picture quality is  not the greatest because I took them with my iPhone after dark.  But you get the idea :-)  I'll have to take better pictures when there is natural light available).

Obviously, all that wood kind of darkens the room a bit, so I can't wait to paint the walls a lighter blue/gray color!  

I'm so excited, and so thankful to Luke for working so hard on this!  I love it :-)

6 comments:

  1. WOW! It is gorgeous! Great job, Luke! It looks like a picture from a magazine or boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I have been wanting to make a headboard for years, and have never been able to figure out what I want it to look like or how to even begin making one. But I love yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! that is beautiful! and so special that he made it himself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's absolutely beautiful! I love the monogram on it :). He did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!