As I mentioned on Friday, Luke and I heard some news last week that has slightly shaken us. We're really on the edge of our seats, waiting to see how God answers all of our questions and prayers.
My natural reaction would be to fret constantly about the situation. But looking for the gifts in every moment has kept my eyes on what is important. When I fix my gaze there instead of my fears, the fears lose their power.
This week's gifts:
45. Four-day weekends
46. Green traffic lights
47. A husband who helps carry in groceries (without being asked!)
48. My favorite study area on campus
49. Interesting classes that I love
50. Watching Luke do what he's good at
51. Coming home to a BIG surprise from Luke!
52. Afternoon pick-me-up courtesy of my new Keurig
53. Sweet blog comments
54. Parking deck at school so I don't have to scrape snow and ice off of my car at the end of the day
55. All-wheel drive
56. Walking in the door at home after an hour and 45 minute drive through ice and snow
57. Winter sunshine, spilling through curtains
59. Baby gift shopping with Mom
60. Four deer out in the snow
61. First birthday celebration
62. Afternoon spent with my sister and brother-in-law looking at Ireland pictures
63. Family pizza nights
64.. The promise that God will always provide.