Sunday, January 22, 2012

Eyes on the Prize

As I mentioned on Friday, Luke and I heard some news last week that has slightly shaken us. We're really on the edge of our seats, waiting to see how God answers all of our questions and prayers.

My natural reaction would be to fret constantly about the situation. But looking for the gifts in every moment has kept my eyes on what is important. When I fix my gaze there instead of my fears, the fears lose their power.


This week's gifts:

45. Four-day weekends

46. Green traffic lights

47. A husband who helps carry in groceries (without being asked!)

48. My favorite study area on campus

49. Interesting classes that I love

50. Watching Luke do what he's good at

51. Coming home to a BIG surprise from Luke!

52. Afternoon pick-me-up courtesy of my new Keurig

53. Sweet blog comments

54. Parking deck at school so I don't have to scrape snow and ice off of my car at the end of the day

55. All-wheel drive

56. Walking in the door at home after an hour and 45 minute drive through ice and snow

57. Winter sunshine, spilling through curtains
58. Ellie in a cuddly mood

59. Baby gift shopping with Mom

60. Four deer out in the snow

61. First birthday celebration

62. Afternoon spent with my sister and brother-in-law looking at Ireland pictures

63. Family pizza nights

64.. The promise that God will always provide.

***

4 comments:

  1. I love that you are still able to see the good in everything, no matter which cards you are dealt!
    Hope you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lifting ya'll up in prayer today- keep relying on the peace of God during these times.

    I love the deer picture! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for y'all! Remembering our gifts is such a great way to stay positive though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there was a quote on my One Thousand Gift app today that said we can only feel one emotion at a time so if we can't fear if we are thanking. Your post reflects the truth of that. Remember, God has His plan in whatever it is that has shaken you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!