In 2011 I made a big list of goals I wished to accomplish during the year. Resolutions, if you will. I didn't share it on the blog, because in years past I had failed miserably. Well, this year I did better than normal, so I thought I'd share now. I guess maybe keeping them secret all year was key??
1. Complete Project 365. Fail. I have tried this two years and failed both times during the summer. Clearly I am not cut out for it, and I've decided not to feel bad about it :-)
2. Read at Least 30 Books. I ready 26 out of 30, and that's pretty good considering the fact that I spent 15 weeks studying during every spare moment and couldn't read for leisure during that time.
3. Complete at least 6 DIY projects. Complete! I actually did 9:
Altered curtains (counting it!)
Made these frames, which I now hate, but that's not the point :-P
Julie's bridal shower banner
This dry-erase to-do list
Rolled paper flowers in frames...one of my favorite projects!
Rolled fabric flowers used for various things
My chalkboard menu
Painted dresser which I'm in love with
Is it just me, or do they get better as the year went on? I hope that means my 2012 projects will be better still :-)
4. Lose 10 pounds. Well, I guess I kind of get half credit for this one. In the spring and summer I was doing great, counting calories, and swimming laps every day. I lost 9 lbs! ...and then gained them all back in the fall when I started drinking coffee (with lots of sugar and fancy creamers) and maybe eating a lot when the stress of studying became overwhelming as well. I really need to work on this.
5. Figure out what I'm going to do about the job situation. Complete! I knew I needed a change in my life, and I made it when I quit my job and went back to school full time!
6. Buy a dSLR camera and an iPhone. Half credit. I bought the iPhone but not the camera.
7. Finish reading the Bible. Fail. And to be honest I've really been struggling with my daily reading as well. I hope to improve in this area this year.
8. Cook/bake/make at least 30 new dishes. Complete! I actually made 34 brand new (to me) recipes last year! I think that's pretty great :-) I mostly have Pinterest to thank. I listed them with links and starred my top 10 favorites. Because I have OCD.
penne, sausage, and peppers dish
I think I made out pretty well last year with my resolutions! The reason I made so many was so that I knew I'd at least accomplish a few of them ;-) I'm keeping it simple this year with my one, solitary resolution of recognizing God's blessings and giving thanks for them.