Friday, June 26, 2009

C-bus

Today was our Columbus trip. Luke took the day off work (he was able to because of his comp. time). We just headed down this morning and spent the day together. I think it is so important for couples to escape their every day routine and get out every once in awhile. Even if it is just for the day. I feel like we reconnected today, and it was nice :-)

Columbus is about 2.5 hours from us, and we had a little bit of an inconvenience on the way. Luke's side view mirror on the passenger side just kind of fell off on the way so that it was hanging by some wires. We pulled off on an exit and luckily found a hardware store right away. Luke bought some "Gorilla Tape" and we rocked it hillbilly for the rest of the day. lol...it did look pretty funny taped on there. And he had to reattach it 3 or 4 times. But we had to do what we had to do!

Other than the mirror issue, it was a perfect day! We spent the entire day at Easton, a huge, ritzy shopping complex. The IMAX theater was even inside of Easton.

When we got to Columbus we immediately ate lunch at Max and Ermas. I got the tortilla burger and it was absolutely delicious. Unfortunately I was unable to eat much more than half of my meal. Can I just say that portion sizes are a little out of control at restaurants these days?!

After lunch we shopped a lot. There are lots of fun places to shop at Easton, but most of them are pretty expensive! The only things Luke bought were OSU swimming trunks and a money clip at Buckeye Corner, his favorite store. And I found a book I've been wanting at Barnes and Noble: "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn. It's all about how men think and why they do the things that they do. I read half of it on the way home, and feel like I've learned so much already! But that's a whole other post for another time :-)

At 5:00 it was finally time for Transformers 2 at the IMAX theater. I had never been to an IMAX theater for a regular movie before, and it was awesome! The surround sound was amazing, and the picture was so clear! It reached from the floor to the ceiling. It was so much fun, and I told Luke it will be hard to watch a movie at a regular theater after today. If you've never seen a movie in IMAX, you should really go sometime!

After the movie we headed home, and got some ice cream on the way. It was such a fun day. I'm glad we took a time out from our routine to spend the day together :-)

Here are some pictures from our little day trip:
Easton!
Luke's dream would be to own this TV. Too bad we don't have an extra $20,000 laying around. Seriously. That's how much it really cost. CRAZY! It was HUGE, thoughHow sweet is this car??

At Max and Ermas. Yes, he's making a weird face on purpose. He doesn't like my obsession with taking picturesThis is his "stop taking pictures!" face. In Buckeye Corner. His shirt is almost like camouflage in this store ;-)
The movie theater at Easton was very nice! I definitely want to go back again sometime
Tried to take a picture without a flash in the theater before the movie. It didn't work, so I edited it to try to make the blurriness look like it was on purpose :-PGoodnight! I'm headed to bed. I've got a long day out by the pool with my family planned for tomorrow ;-)

4i23mrk9hf

2 comments:

  1. My husband gets tired of pictures and makes funny faces at me too. I should really do a picture post with all his silly faces sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!