Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer Nights

I just heard Rascal Flatt's song, Summer Nights, for the first time today on my way home from the grocery store. I love it! I'm probably one of Rascal Flatt's biggest fans, anyway. But that song just made me smile. Is there really anything better than summer nights?

Luke and I have been spending our summer nights reconnecting with each other, and with our friends. It seems like we are out with our friends almost every night now, and I love it! I wonder why it is that we can't seem to find time for each other in the winter? I don't know, but I'm just glad we are now!

Last night Luke had band practice for the funeral tomorrow. But afterward, the band and their wives came over to our house for ice cream and strawberries. Yum! We laughed and talked until way too late into the night, but it was fun!

Tonight Luke had two church softball games, and afterward I had a little swimming party at my parents' house with the team and their wives/girlfriends. Another fun summer night!

On Friday night, me and Luke and a bunch of our friends are heading out to the town where Luke works. The Supernats are coming to town. And honestly, I didn't know what or who the supernats were, so I looked it up online. I THINK it's just a bunch of old/classic cars that race and are shown. Not exactly sure, but anyway, it's basically like a street fair when they come to town. There are a bunch of sidewalk sales, live bands, and lots of fair food! I know I'll be eating an elephant ear or funnel cake!

And I'm really looking forward to a camping trip at the lake with 2 other couples. Not sure when we're going, but we definitely want to plan a trip on a weekend soon!

And on those few summer nights that we don't find ourselves busy with other plans, Luke and I have been really enjoying ourselves staying in and watching movies, eating ice cream or hawaiian ice, grilling dinner, going out together, or even just falling asleep right after dinner for awhile after a long, hot day.

I look forward to spending my remaining summer nights with the people I love. Can't wait to spend them swimming, laughing, camping, bon-firing, cooking out, being goofy, chatting, and just having fun with our friends and family!!

I'll leave you with some pictures from tonight. Have a great Tuesday!

I rode with Rachel, and Her dog likes to hang her head out the car window :-)
Trying out my camera's close-up skills
JC and MollyLuke, sliding into home! (backwards? Well, I guess whatever works!)
After the game, we all went swimming at my parents' house. I made this dessert (It was brownies topped with bananas, topped with a whipped cream/vanilla pudding mixture, topped with more whipped cream, bananas, and strawberries. it's a Pampered Chef recipe).
Luke thinks we need to buy some non-pink towels :-P
Julie was showing off her wisdom teeth that she just got pulled this morning in this picture. Gross :-PAww..such a cute picture of my best friend, Rachel, and Luke's best friend, Jared. They happen to be married, and our neighbors :-)Boys will be boys :-P

2 comments:

  1. Can I just tell you that we could seriously be best friends...because I LOVE the Flatts more than anything!! They are amazing. In fact, I finally just posted my pictures (on FB) from their concert last Oct. Yes, a long time ago...but I thought I already had posted them until some of my friends kept bugging me. Anyways, I know their sound manager, which makes it even more amazing! :)

    I'd love to chat with you anytime! Awesome pictures, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are having a great time this summer! It's great to have friends around that are free andwilling to hang out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!