I guess I'm going to be a little random today. It's been awhile.
1. I've watched more softball this summer than ever before. Luke is in two different leagues. He plays two double-headers a week, usually on Tuesday evening and Sunday afternoon. It has led to lots of fun times watching and chatting with friends, and also lots of strange tan lines from sitting out in the sun all afternoon on Sundays.
2. On Saturday, I got the most severe sunburn of my life. And that's saying a lot, because I have very fair skin, and burn easily. I was out at the pool all day with Julie, and lost track of time. It was pretty cloudy, so I didn't even realize how long I had been outside. So at about 3:00, I looked down at my legs and realized it was time to go inside. I could barely walk later that night. I had sun poisoning...I was nauseous and had chills. The burn was so bad that it hurt to walk. It felt like even the muscle was somehow sore. But luckily I've recovered.
3. I think Scott's death has put a lot of things into perspective for me and Luke. You just never know how long you have here, so we've been trying to spend a lot of time together and not take advantage of life.
4. It's official that Luke's band is playing at the funeral on Wednesday. They are playing "Praise You in this Storm" by Casting Crown, and two other of Scott's favorite songs. It won't be a normal funeral, but I think it's how Scott would have wanted it.
5. I had an awesome day today! I spent the day shopping, then going to lunch, and finally lazing by the pool with Mom and Julie. Julie is here until Wednesday because she's getting her wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow morning.
6. This weekend is going to be crazy busy. Saturday I have a wedding shower for my cousin, then a graduation party for my sister-in-law, and then another grad. party for another cousin. And of course, Sunday is Father's Day. I'm sure we'll be running all over the place.
7. My mom mentioned today that we might take a family trip to Virginia Beach at the end of the summer! My aunt and uncle just moved to a new house about 30 minutes from the beach, so we'll visit them while we're there. I got SO excited about possibly taking a vacation to the BEACH! I didn't think I'd get to go this year, and I haven't been to the ocean in 2 years. There's nowhere else I'd rather be, and I was going through withdrawal.
8. Is anyone else watching Here Come the Newlyweds? Luke and I think it's hilarious, and I keep saying we should sign up to try to get on the show next season! It's on Mondays at 10:00 on ABC if you're interested :-)
9. I've gotten so lazy about cooking because we have no air conditioning, and it gets insanely hot in the kitchen if I'm using the oven or stove. But that's not a good enough excuse, so hopefully I'll be making some good meals this week! And hopefully we'll be eating them at the table and not in the living room!
10. A lot of you sounded interested in "The Power of a Praying Woman," so I'll be sure to do a book review after I read it and let you know if it's any good :-)
Happy Monday! Make sure you are making the most of these beautiful summer days...they go way too quickly!