Saturday, June 20, 2009

Super Nats and Swimming

Tonight I went with a group of friends to town to see the Super Nats. Basically it was just a bunch of old/classic/awesome cars being shown and driven around. It was like a street fair, and the fair food was my favorite part :-)

Unfortunately, I forgot the memory card in my camera, and I took a ton of pictures on my phone, but Luke and I can't figure out how to transfer them to my computer through the USB cord. Oh well, I guess I won't share the pictures!

The first order of business when we got there was to eat! We were all starving. I had a fried corn dog, and it was delicious! Luke had some chili-cheese fries and a lemonade. He shared a few fries with me, and they were good!

We walked around and looked at the cars for awhile when it started to rain. We ran for cover in my favorite coffee shop, The Friends Roastery. It beats Starbucks any day in my book. It's so cute inside, and I took lots of pictures of the cuteness, but unfortunately I am unable to show them! While we were stuck inside, we thought we might as well order something to kill the time! I got an iced chai latte, and it was so good! Although it was a bad choice and made me sick since I'm slightly lactose intolerant. It was totally worth it, though.

Finally it stopped raining, and we decided to head down to the burnout pit. If you're wondering what that is (as I was) it's a spot where cars go just to burn out. It was fun to watch all the smoke fly up from the car's tires, but it got old quickly. It was time for the boys to get a Hawaiian ice, and head back to the car. We had been there for about 2 hours and had had enough by that point.

We ended the evening by going to our friend Michael's house and playing volleyball in the pool until 11:00. It was so much fun, and we laughed so hard. I haven't had that much fun in a long time. Like I said the other day, I'm so glad we are able to spend so much time with our friends this summer. It's been great so far!

During the very last v-ball game, I started getting shooting pains down my neck that went into my shoulder and back. I couldn't turn my head to the right. I'm not sure how I did it, but I think I pinched a nerve. I did the same thing on my last vacation to Myrtle Beach when I got tossed around pretty good by some waves. It is absolutely KILLING me, and I can't find a comfortable position. So good luck to me trying to go to sleep tonight :-P Who pinches a nerve playing pool volleyball??! Apparentally me :-P

I have to get to sleep, though, because I've got a big day ahead of me tomorrow. I have to wake up early to make Clark Bar Cookies for my sister-in-law's grad. party, then at 10 I have my cousin's bridal shower. Then later in the afternoon is my sil's grad. party, and straight from that I have to make the 1 hour drive to my cousin's grad. party. Sunday we have church, we're celebrating Father's Day with our families, and Luke has 2 softball games in the evening. I also have to find time to decorate my VBS classroom, and prepare the crafts. I'm in charge of the crafts for pre-school all week at VBS. It's going to be quite a job, because 30 preschoolers have already pre-registered!

So goodnight! I have already waited too long to go to sleep. I'm going to need my energy in the next few days!

1 comment:

  1. VBS is so fun! I wish I could help with ours this year. I'm so jealous that you got to see all those classic cars! Derek and I need to go to another car show.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!