Saturday, March 28, 2009

Carpe Diem

Today was fun. I had planned to go visit my grandpa in the hospital, come home and grill burgers for dinner with Luke, and then go to Bible study. Well, there was a change of plans. Sometimes you gotta just seize the day :-)

I still ended up going to visit Grandpa. I went with Mom, and it just so happened that Julie (my younger sister) was free for the afternoon. My Grandpa is at a hospital in Canton, which is right in between where me and Mom live, and Akron, where Julie lives. So she met us at the hospital. Mom asked if we wanted to go out for dinner and some shopping after we left the hospital. I decided that since I don't get to spend much time with Julie, I'd abandon my plans and spend the rest of the evening with my two favorite women :-) I called Luke to make sure he was okay with it, of course. The burgers can wait until tomorrow, right?

Well Grandpa was doing very well! He was up out of bed, so that was good! He was in a great mood, and very talkative. The only thing he's upset about is his soft-food diet. He's pretty picky, and does not like all the mushed up food they are making him eat! But it's better than the all liquid diet he was on last week! They are sending him to the Community Care unit of our local hospital on Monday, and he should be released to go home on or before Friday from there. He can't wait!

Later we went to eat at one of my favorite places: Chik-fil-a. It was delicious, as always. Then we spent a long time at JoAnn Fabrics and Target before Julie had to head back to campus. I found the material I'll be using for my piano bench project (I'm turning an old piano bench into a little bench with a cushion for our bedroom).You like? The pink is a little girly, but it's the only pink I've added to the whole house. And it's my favorite color, so hopefully Luke can deal with it! I painted the piano bench white last weekend, and I can't wait to put the whole project together!

Although I'm missing Bible study and my dinner with Luke tonight, I'm glad I decided to spend some time with Mom and Julie. Luke decided to go out with a friend for fast food, so I'm sure he's glad too. And tomorrow we will spend the whole day together. We have church together and We're grilling our burgers for lunch, then we were invited over to his parents house for the afternoon Cavs game and dinner, and then we have our FPU class in the evening. Then we will probably come home and unwind as we like to do on Sunday nights to get ready for the week ahead.

I feel a cold coming on. I've been sneezing all day. Is it bad that I'm hoping i'm sick so I can take a day off from work? Summer really can't come fast enough. And hopefully I'll be in a better place next school year!

All right, well I'm off to read until Luke gets home :-) Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!

P.S. I just found out it's supposed to SNOW Sunday night into Monday morning. Dang it, I thought we were done with that already! Dare I hope for a delay or snow day? I better not get my hopes up!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your Grandpa was up and about :)

    And I love spending time with my mom and sister! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your grandpa is doing well and yay for girl time!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!