Monday, March 2, 2009

Randomness

I've got a lot of random things on my mind today, so it's time for a random post!

1. This week is spring cleaning week at my house. My first task is cleaning out our huge attic closet. This is the room where everything was literally thrown when we moved in. We have cleaned out everything we need from this room, so all of our useless stuff was left in there. It is pretty bad! Good luck to me as I organize it and clean it out later today!
I can't believe I actually posted that mess for the world to see!!!

2. The Bachelor finale is on tonight! I'm pulling for Melissa. Apparently there is a huge twist at the end! Two of my friends are coming over so we can eat popcorn and watch the show together. I can hardly wait until 8:00! I'm dying to find out what happens! And dying to spend some time with some friends :-)
3. After the Famine was over on Saturday night, Luke had to clean up the stage from the big concert. So I went over to my parents house while he was doing that! My mom and I watched "Changeling." I didn't think it looked too great according to the previews, but it was amazing! Angelina Jolie did an incredible job, and I would definitely recommend this movie.
4. Our whole church is doing a 40 day spiritual journey with the book "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. I read the book when I was in 8th grade, but it's definitely more meaningful now. We attend a young adult Bible study on Saturday nights where we are studying the book. It's been great so far!
5. I realized lately that I need a new motto for my life: KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid. Everything doesn't have to be perfect! Hamburger Helper meals are okay every once in awhile. A clean house can look better than an expensively decorated house that's cluttered. Camping vacations can be just as fun as exotic ones. And date nights can be as simple as a home-cooked meal, a game of Scrabble, and then popcorn and a movie at home. God is teaching me to be content with who I am and what I have. I need to stop over-complicating things!
Well have a great, random Monday :-)

2 comments:

  1. I have pictures of my messy rooms... but am not brave enough to post them because I am so embarrassed! Ha, kudos to you :)
    And I have Changeling in my Netflix queue, I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even heard of the Changeling but will put it on my Netflix queue too. I did some spring cleaning over the weekend, you will feel so good after you get it done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!