Friday, March 27, 2009

Vampires and Boleyns on the Brain

So I had lots of random thoughts today. I thought I'd share a few.

- This morning I went outside with the fourth grade science class because they were on a mission to find living things. It was cold, foggy, and wet from last night's rain, and we were out beside the foreboding trees in the forest behind the school. For a moment there I felt like I was in Forks, and I half expected Edward Cullen to fly by and sweep me up in his arms. Loving my daydreams at 8:00 during science class. It reminded me that I MUST order the Twilight blu-ray on Amazon ASAP!

-I also realized I need to finish reading the Twilight books!! I'm only halfway through the series.

- I got pulled to sub AGAIN this afternoon (3rd time in a week), and wondered why I always seem to end up with recess duty when I am pulled to sub. So today I got to enjoy my everyday playground duty from 7:30 - 8 in the morning (kids come to school early for some reason and I get to baby-sit them :-p) AND I got to have recess duty for another half-hour around noon. At least it gave me some more free time out in the sun. And maybe I daydreamed about Edward Cullen some more. And of course I daydreamed about my own husband who I have decided is the William Stafford to my Mary Boleyn ;-)

- Spent my break time in the afternoon on Wikipedia researching all of the Boleyns while the kids were at gym. Yes, I am a nerd.

- After work I made a quick jaunt over to the library where I picked up "The Constant Princess" and "A Voice in the Wind." I cannot wait to have some free time to jump right into those books! I'm visiting my grandpa in the hospital tomorrow with my mom, and I plan on reading during the 45 minute drive.

-Had pizza at my parent's house for dinner! Score! Free food and I didn't have to cook.

- Visited my poor grandma, who is missing my grandpa very much while he's been in the hospital. She's been drowning her sorrows with QVC purchases...we thought she needed an intervention. But seriously, it was nice to visit her and I think she appreciated the company.

- Just finished watching "The Other Boleyn Girl" with my mom. The book was 10,000 times better, and the movie was WAY more depressing than the book.

- Luke and I are about to watch "Role Models" at 11:15 PM. I need something funny after that heavy book and movie! I guess it will be a late night for us, and I'm wondering if I can even stay awake for even half of the movie!

Have a wonderful evening. I'm off to laugh with Luke :-)

3 comments:

  1. I loved A Voice in the Wind! It took awhile to get going, but once you did, you didn't want it to end! (luckily it is a trilogy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost done with the second book in Twilight. I hope netflix is going to send me Twilight this week because I haven't seen it yet. You have a great imagination, I find myself daydreaming similar things, it must be our love of books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got Role Models from Netflix and we're going to watch it tonight after work!
    I love that you have random thoughts about Twilight because the other night at work I said to a friend that my throat was burning and she looked at me and said maybe you're a newborn vampire... bwahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!