Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Healthy Again!

I have a praise to share this morning, and it's a big one for me! I've written about the fact that I've been feeling extremely sick with what I thought were allergy symptoms since the middle of April. I kept putting off calling the doctor because I thought it would just go away on its own. But somewhere toward the middle of July it got so bad I thought Luke was going to have to drive me to the ER a few nights. I really couldn't even breathe.

Luckily I avoided having to go to the ER, but I finally made a doctor's appointment, and from there had a CT scan.

About a week ago, I had my follow-up visit from the doctor and he said I have a "smoldering" sinus infection (whatever that means! haha). So I guess it wasn't allergies after all. And I guess I should have gone to the doctor a loooong time ago!!

The best part about this news is that it means I am not allergic to Gabby and Ellie!!!!


I'm glad, because there was just no way I was going to get rid of them if they were the problem!

The other good news is that the doctor put me on prednisone and 3 weeks of antibiotics. And while I'm not enjoying the side effects of the prednisone, like feeling all swollen, being extra thirsty, and peeing 3 times every hour (tmi?), I am feeling good for the first time in 4 months!! I seriously didn't realize how much pressure I had been feeling in my sinuses for all that time, but now that it's gone, I feel so much better! And I haven't been coughing at all. Praise the Lord!

I'm so glad that I'm feeling better, that this was an easily fixable problem, and that I'm not allergic to my cats!!!

4 comments:

  1. That's a huge relief! We went through something similar with the hubs and our dog, and thank God, we could keep our Marv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! So glad you are not allergic to your pets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful news! So glad that you're feeling better and that you're not allergic to your precious kitty cats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're not allergic to your cats! That would be so sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!