Friday, September 2, 2011

7 Posts

I have seen a ton of other bloggers do this, and I love reading them! The other day, the lovely Callie at Through Clouded Glass tagged me, so I thought I'd do it too :-) ...So here are my 7 posts:

1. Your Most Beautiful Moment

Well, I haven't really had any earth-shattering, life-changing events that have happened since I started blogging about three years ago. However, I would have to say it was in:

"Moving On" written March 17, 2011.

In this post I wrote about how I was finally surrendering my future to the Lord. And I didn't say this in the post, but this was during the beginning stages of me planning to go back to school. And what a blessing and exciting time it has been since I wrote that!!

***

2. Your Most Popular Blog Post

I so wish these were serious and deep, but according to Google Analytics, my most popular posts were:

"Teen Mom" written on August 18, 2010

Where I simply wrote my thoughts about Teen Mom.

and "The Coupon Cult" written on April 8, 2010

I wrote this one after the couponing class I took, and I shared a little of the information I had learned and how overwhelmed I felt! But I guess I understand why it's a popular post since so many people are getting into couponing nowadays. It's life-changing ;-)

***

3. Your Most Controversial Blog Post

I REALLY steer clear of controversial topics on the blog, so my most controversial posts were these two:

"Reasons I Hate Walmart" written on June 1, 2010

and "Corrections and Additions to the Walmart Post" written on June 3, 2010

These kind of got people fired up, and I think I almost made myself seem like a snob when I wrote them. And although I do stand by most of what I wrote...I have shopped there occasionally in the past year.

This post also ruffled a few feathers:

"Questioning Facebook"
written on July 14, 2011

And again, I stand by what I wrote there. Taking a facebook break was absolutely wonderful and therapeutic for me!

***

Your Most Helpful Post

I think this one was helpful to people who are starting out couponing or wanting to save money:

"Couponing Summer Review" written on August 22, 2011

And I'm reaching into the archives a little here, but I think this one was helpful as well

"Convictions"
written on January 26, 2010

This one was about my thoughts on the birth control pill. And while it was a bit controversial, I think the information needs to be out there.

***

5. A Post Whose Success Surprised You

Honestly? All of them! Not that they're all super popular, but I'm surprised anybody reads this little blog about my little life!! But to be specific, I guess this one got a lot of hits and comments:

"Secrets" written on March 24, 2011

This is where I wrote a post about Luke. I didn't think anyone would like it and was actually kind of embarrassed about how mushy it was!

***

6. A Post that Didn't Get the Attention You Thought it Deserved

This was a hard one, but probably this post, which got 0 comments

"Sweet, Sweet Memories"
written on June 15, 2010

This was the post where I wrote about memories from my mission trip to Belize in 2000.

***

7. The Post You are Most Proud of

Hmm, another hard one to pick. but I've had a lot of people comment on how they love how "real" and honest I am on my blog. So I guess my proudest posts were those where I took all the walls down and spilled my guts. Because I think it helped other people to know that they are not alone in some things. So just a few examples of these types of posts...

"That Seventh Grade, Insecure Feeling"
written on September 27, 2010

In this post, I wrote about my insecurities of being one of the last of my friends without a baby.

and "Joy Comes in the Morning" written on July 1, 2011

In this post, I wrote about the pain of surrender, and the joy that follows.

***

And now I tag YOU!! I can't remember who has already done this, so that's why I'm not tagging specific people. But it was fun to look back at some of my old posts, so you guys should all do this and look back at yours!

1 comment:

  1. I remember every single one of these posts! Wow, we've been blog friends for a long time! :-) I love that. I'm going to go back and read your Belize post when I have a minute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!