Tuesday, April 7, 2009

5 days of fruits and veggies

Please check out my 100th post! I didn't want to post so soon after the hundredth, but it seems I have a dilemma.

I can't fit into any of my dresses or skirts! And I can't find an outfit for church on Easter Sunday...I don't know how it is at your church, but at my church everyone dresses pretty casually EXCEPT on Christmas and Easter Sunday. Then people dress to the nines!

I don't want to buy a new dress...I'm sick of looking for one! And chances are I'll only wear it once.

Plus, I found this little number in my closet (it definitely needs washed and aired out...it hasn't been warn in 3 years! But I think it's cute :-))
The whole dress is made of an eyelet fabric, and the skirt is very full. If I wear it, I plan on wearing a green cardigan sweater over it.

That is, IF I wear it. The problem is, I can't exactly zip it up the whole way. And I look either pregnant or weirdly swollen when I wear it. So I have 5 days to make it fit!

Now I'm not going to starve myself for 5 days. I THINK I know how to go about this in a healthy way. I think a lot of my newfound chubbiness is just water weight. My whole body just seems a little bit puffy or swollen (probably because of the prescription I'm on).

I'm going to try to drink nothing but water, and lots of it! Also, I'm going to try to give up all salty foods and lots of carbs for the next 5 days.

Basically, I want to eat mostly fruits and veggies for 5 days. Lots of them...again I'm not starving myself. But I'm thinking that doing this, and working out a little bit will help me get rid of lots of this water weight. And then I will probably be able to zip up the dress :-P

I'm basically posting this for suggestions or advice. Is it healthy to eat only fruits and veggies for the next few days? I mean, vegetarians do it, right? Plus, I plan on eating a little bit of meat, too, for protein. And is it even possible for me to lose enough water weight to be able to fit into my dress? It really is almost zipped up. I have 2 inches or so that I just can't quite zip.

I can always just wear some white capris with a dressy top if worse comes to worst. I at least want to be able to wear my new white shoes!

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or advice! I want to do this the healthy way, but I'm not sure if it's healthy to try to lose weight this fast. Is this wishful thinking?

7 comments:

  1. Hi! I was in the same boat about a week ago. I started South Beach on Wednesday (my hubby dropped 70 lbs on it!) and I dropped 5 lbs of water weight in 4 days! I too am concerned about doing things the healthy way. You definitely need to eat your proteins. Lean chicken and beef or eggs with every meal, don't eat fruit because of the high amount of natural sugars in it (it causes you to hold that water more too,) and lots and lots of veggies!The important part is to make yourself FULL with these healthy foods, and not to let yourself go hungry (which it sounds like you already know that!)

    I am not doing it to get "skinny," but because I have a serious problem with a need for sweets, haha. I don't like feeling like I can't say no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the advice! Especially about fruits, because I did not realize that. But I love vegetables, so hopefully this won't be too painful! I, too, have a problem with sweets. So maybe this will help me kick off a more healthy lifestyle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, I don't think it's unreasonable to try to lose enough water wieght to fit into your dress. Five days is almost a week! Calorie cutting always works for me - it sounds terrible, but if I can stick to about 800 (healthy) calories a day for a few days, I usually lose weight that way (you may need to adjust that calorie amount depending on your body's needs). And if you want to lose water weight, lots of water would be the way to go! I got about 2-3 pounds to lose myself, and my goal is also by Easter. You'll have to post a picture of yourself in that dress - it's really pretty!
    P.S. Thanks for encouraging me on my last blog post - I'm definitley going to try to relax this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your dress looks super cute :)
    im sure if you just cut back on the sodium a little the weight will come off ! good luck!

    thecleanveggie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jessica, The South Beach really is a healthy diet. You should be able to get a copy at your local library. The SB Quick & Easy Cookbook has some awesome meals. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've found that using colon cleanses/body flushes help cut back on swelling/bloating and water retention. Now I'm working on losing a few more pounds... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is healthy, as long as you get some protein in after those 5 days. I have done it, and I started 20 Day Shred and lost 3 pounds already. I also hear cutting all pop and sugar helps drop pounds fast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!