Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Playing House

Two posts in one day?! Yep, that's whatcha get when I'm home all day. Just wait until this summer! Just kidding, I'll try not to post more than once a day or every other day.

Well today was absolutely fabulous. And I was home alone all day except for the 5 minutes it took me to go to the post office and get our mail. I love days like today when I'm off work. It gives me a taste of what being a housewife would be like.

I've shared before that my absolute dream is to be a stay-at-home mom someday. There is nothing I want more. I feel like right now is my time to practice, I guess. Get organized and ready before we have kids. I know you're never truly ready for kids, but I think it's better to prepare than go blindly into it.

Now, Luke and I aren't planning on having children for a few more years. We want to enjoy this stage of our life while it lasts. We only got married 9 months ago, for goodness sakes. But some days I can't help but dream about what my future HOPEFULLY holds.

So today I got to practice being a stay at home...wife, for now I guess :-) I woke up at 10! Which I do NOT plan on doing if I ever actually get my dream "job" someday. After a tasty bowl of Cheerios, I was ready to get started.

I tackled the bathroom first. I wiped down, cleansed, swept, and disinfected every surface in that little room. boy, did it feel good!

Next was the laundry. I am proud to say that I have one load of laundry in the dryer now, but the rest is neatly folded and put away. Yay for empty laundry baskets! We don't see those too often around these parts :-)

The kitchen was also a big job. I washed dishes, organized, swept, etc, every area of this room too. Again, it felt good!

By this time it was getting later. I ran out to the post office, and surface cleaned the rest of the apartment quickly.

Then I decided to straighten my hair and apply some make-up since I hadn't yet today. I wanted to look nice when Luke got home, just like the 50's wives! lol...

I lit candles in every room, and threw some more of my white chocolate macadamia nut cookie dough in the oven, timed just right so that they came out a few minutes before hubby came home. The house smelled of cinnamon and cookies!
And when Luke got home, he came straight to the kitchen where I kissed him "hello." He ate a few cookies, and we chatted about our day. He stayed in there and played with Gabby (cat) for awhile. This is significantly different than his normal day...he usually runs straight upstairs to turn the TV on and take a nap after work. So it was a nice change.

And then I made some tasty Easter leftovers for dinner. I will spend the evening with Luke since the house is clean, the laundry is done, and the dishes are washed. We are planning a trip to Canton this weekend (just a day trip) simply because I am craving some Don Pablos, and Canton is where the closest one is found. We will plan out those details tonight, and I will sleep soundly knowing that today was wonderful. Too bad I have to go back to work tomorrow.

I will be daydreaming about my future life...the one where I can serve here at home EVERY DAY. And the one where I'll have little rascals running around all day to take care of. I know I shouldn't wish life away, but sometimes it's fun to dream, right?

1 comment:

  1. It is fun to dream, and I want to be a stay at home mom too when the time comes! There's nothing I would want more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!