Monday, April 13, 2009

A Wonderful Easter

Yesterday was a busy, but wonderful Easter!

First we went to church for a wonderful sermon about the relationship between how Jesus set Barabbas free, and how he he set you and I free.

After that, I had to rush home and make 2 cheesy potatoe casseroles: one for my Grandparents' house for lunch, and one for Luke's parents' house for dinner.
The one on the left is ready to go in the fridge for later, and the one on the right just came out of the oven. That's a heart attack waiting to happen if I've ever seen one: hash browns, a whole container of sour cream, a stick of butter, a pound of cheese, a can of cream of chicken soup, and a cup of crushed up potatoe chips on top. It was delicious, though! There wasn't any left at either place to bring home, which was a good thing! (Good thing I was able to fit into my dress and didn't have to watch what I ate yesterday!)

We had a lot of fun at grandma's! After our amazing meal, the boys watched an Indian's game and the girls sat around the table and chatted all afternoon. It was great :-)

Here Luke and I are - our annual Easter photo at Grandma and Grandpa's! And look: my dress fits and was zipped up the whole way. It was a little snug, though!
And here are my cousin Sarah and her husband Doug, some of our good friends!
And my Grandma Wheeler (Dad's mom)made it! (The one who just moved into one of our apartments yesterday) She's the one on the right, and my Grandma Steer (Mom's mom) is the one on the left.
Here I am with Mom and Julie, my two favorite women:
My Grandma's cat Patches stayed here ALL DAY. So cute :-)
And after awhile I decided to venture outside for a walk around the place. No one wanted to come with me because it was so cold! But I got some nice pictures of Grandma and Grandpa's lake. I remember Easters when we would fish out there or even wade in the water up to our ankles or knees. Not yesterday, though! It was as cold as winter :-(

After we spent all afternoon at my grandparents', it was time to head to Luke's parents for dinner. It was just a small get-together with Luke's immediate family plus his Aunt Judy, Uncle Mike, and their 3 children. But it was fun! Luke's sister Maria and her husband, also named Luke, brought their Great Dane PUPPY, who weighs 55 lbs! Now that's a big puppy!

We ate our delicious meal (although I still wasn't hungry!) and then a few brave souls ventured outside for a game of cornhole. I wasn't one of them, it was too cold! We watched the Cavs game, and just laughed and caught up for awhile. Then we watched "Get Smart" on blu-ray on their new HD tv. So funny. If you have the DVD or blu-ray of that movie, make sure you watch the gag reel on the special features menu. It was funnier than the movie itself. We were practically rolling on the floor laughing.

At 10, we finally packed up and headed home. Luckily it's a short trip since we live on the same street as his parents, about 2 minutes away! But as soon as we got home, I crashed while Luke watched Sports Center. All day Saturday was spent moving my Grandma in, and then Easter was such a busy day, I was just exhausted.

I'm glad to still have today and tomorrow off from work! I plan on spending these days cleaning, organizing, reading, and helping Grandma get settled in. I'm torn right now though, I'm reading "A Voice in the Wind" which is finally starting to get good, but yesterday Luke's sister and cousins kept talking about the Twilight books. I've read the first two, and since they kept talking about it, they just really got me in the mood to get back into reading the series. I'm going to read the second book again so my memory is fresh for the third one. So basically, I'm reading "A Voice in the Wind," and "New Moon" at the same time. They're both pretty long books, so this could take me awhile! Luckily the Twilight books are pretty easy and quick reads so I should be able to do it!

I hope everyone else had a wonderful Easter with family and friends, rejoicing for what the Lord has done :-)


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Easter weekend! Those potatoes look so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your Easter sounded busy! and the potato dish looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOunds like a great Easter! I'm glad you fit into your dress! You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!