Sunday, April 19, 2009

Snaps for Weekends!

This weekend has been great! Yesterday it was 74 degrees and sunny! I just could not stay inside during that wonderful weather, so I went for a long walk around Damascus. Of COURSE I had to take my camera with me and play photographer.

Just a quiet walk down a country road
Here's the old schoolhouse that's right down the road from our house:
Complete with outhouses
I walked past my parent's house - the house where I spent most of my life so far!
And when I got home, I relaxed with Gabby for a few minutes...I couldn't get her to look at the camera!
After my walk, it was time to make the hour-long drive to Barberton for my cousin Brian's 18th birthday party. We had wonderful food: lasagna, rigatoni, salad, and of course, cake and ice cream! We all ate outside and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine! It was a great time, and I may post some pictures sometime if I feel like it. We got some good pictures of all the cousins :-)

Today church was amazing. We had 30 people give their cardboard testimonies. A cardboard testimony is when someone writes their story on the front and back of a big piece of cardboard in just a few words. They write the problem on the front, then flip it over and show how God solved it on the back. For example, Luke's aunt and uncle did one this morning. The front of their carboard said "5 miscarriages and 1 stillborn daughter - 2 broken hearts" and then they flipped it over and on the back, it said "3 healthy miracle children - 2 restored hearts." It was so powerful to read all of the testimonys while a powerful song played in the background. It was just so eye opening the miracles that God has done, even in the lives of people so close to me! You can youtube "Cardboard Testimonies" if you don't know what I'm talking about, and you'll find a bunch of videos. I think it's a great thing for any church to do, and it really touched me today.

After church, I made some fettuccine alfredo, one of our favorites! And I've just been loungin' around here since then. In a few minutes, Luke, JC and I are going to my old high school's performance of "Footloose." My cousin Marcus is in one of the lead roles (the reverend, I think). He has an amazing voice...he played the role of Jean Valjean last year in Les Mis at the school, and I was absolutely blown away. He and his sister actually sang at my wedding. I'm so excited to see him today, as this is his last production (he's a senior).

Here's the cute cast picture that I found in the local newspaper...unfortunately Marcus isn't in it! Oh well, I thought it was cute anyway.I hope everyone is enjoying the rest of this lovely weekend. I know I am! Unfortunately I'll be walking into a very stressful environment tomorrow at work because it's OAT week (Ohio Achievement Test week). The students and teachers are all sooo nervous. I'll be happy on Friday when it's all over!

2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures, especially the old country road one, and your parent's house - nice photography!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!