Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Julie and Julia Night

Tonight was a great night! Sarah came over to watch Julie and Julia with me. She had never seen it before, and I knew she just had to watch it. She came over early and went grocery shopping with me. we then came home and made a pizza for us and Luke for dinner.
I got to talking while I was cutting the pizza, and this picture is just proof of why I can't talk while I do things. We laughed so hard at my uneven pieces on the left side. I just said that it was perfect, because I cut them all different sizes in case somebody wanted a really big piece or a really small piece. Haha!

After dinner, Sarah and I went for a walk around town again. This time we went to the park and just sat on the swings and talked for a really long time. It was so much fun, and I felt like I was 10 again! I really wish I had brought my camera, because I could have gotten some great pictures there. We were laughing so hard that my cheeks hurt by the time we left!

We were gone for about two hours overall during our walk and our time at the park! We got back and since Luke was leaving for band practice, it was our turn to have the TV, so we popped in the movie.

We bought this giant bag of freshly popped popcorn at Giant Eagle for $.99! I thought that was a great deal, and it was pretty good, too! Perfect to eat during the movie...
The movie was of course wonderful...it was my third time watching it. Sarah really enjoyed it, too. I think I've decided that it's one of my favorite movies.

Sarah is looking for a new apartment right now, and until she finds one, she is going to be spending a lot of time at our house. It is so much fun! She's like another sister, since my own sister does not live close to me. Last year at this time, I remember feeling so lonely. I felt like I was not connecting with other women, and I was sick of fake friendships. I spent a lot of time in prayer for a really great Christian friend. I am so glad that God was faithful in answering that prayer, and that I practically have another sister, now!

Now I think I better go spend time with Luke! I don't want him to feel neglected after all this girl time! It is so hard to keep a good balance of things now that school has started. Not to mention, I feel like I need to sleep for three days straight in order to feel energized again! Tomorrow I plan on just chilling out at home, working on the church newsletter, looking up DIY sewing projects online so I can make something with my new sewing machine, and just RELAXING. This weekend cannot come soon enough!

2 comments:

  1. That pizza looks DELICIOUS! Oh my goodness! We haven't found any pizza place yet and cheese is hard to come by so I might have to wait a very long time until I can eat some! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT PIZZA!!! Yum!!! Looks so great Jess!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!