Saturday, May 23, 2009

Busy, Busy

It's been a long, but fun day. We were kind of all over the place, and tomorrow will be much the same. I don't mind it, though!

To begin my Memorial Day weekend, Julie and I went on a walk this morning. It was GORGEOUS. 80 degrees and sunny. We walked all over our sleepy little town, taking pictures to document our trip :-)
Flags are out for Memorial Day
And I found a little red, white, and blue in some other places, too!
We visited our old elementary school
Julie embraced her inner child while we were there:
And just in case you needed more convincing that we are country people:
[boosted the color just a tad in the next one:-P]And I know you've always wanted to know "Where the Sidewalk Ends."
And I thought I'd share a piece of my past with you...my girl scout troop made this peace pole for our town 13 years ago!

------------------

After our walk, I had just enough time to come home, eat lunch and shower before heading to Pittsburgh to watch Luke's sister, Diana, play in a huge vollleyball tournament. Diana is amazing, and is actually playing for Malone University next year. It was so much fun to watch her and her teamates! They played their first match at 3:30, and annhialated the other team in 3 games (best of 5). Her next match wasn't until 8, so we obviously had some time to kill. I was glad, because It meant we got to explore downtown Pittsburgh. I had only been there a time or two before. Of course I took a few pictures.

Here's a picture of the convention center where the tournament was held. This was about 1/4 of it. It was huge!
Here's the river, and PNC Park. And a yellow bridge.
There were cool boats
And ducks
And people kayaking...which I have decided is the 101st item I would like to add to my bucket list :-)
We took a walk out into the city...we didn't really end up going anywhere except Subway because we were FAMISHED, but the city was really beautiful!
And right as the sun was going down, Luke spotted this lovely party boat through the window of the Convention Center. He and I both spent prom on that exact boat, but not the same year! Luke was homeschooled, but went to prom on the boat with the girl he was dating 2 years before I went to my senior prom on the boat. What a coincidence! Too bad we weren't dating back then, I would have much rather gone to senior prom on this romantic boat with Luke than with my boyfriend at the time!
At 8:00, Di finally played her last game, and here team won easily again. The tournament goes on for two more days, but I'm excited to hear how far her team makes it. They're really good!

We ended our evening by making the 2 hour trip home, but we stopped for Blizzards halfway, which helped the time pass ;-)

Now it's very late, and I have another jam-packed day tomorrow. Be expecting lots more pictures tomorrow too, because we're headed up to Cleveland! It kind of feels like we're on a vacation with all these day trips we have planned this weekend. It's been fun so far!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun day! That boat looks really cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Love the new look and header. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!