Just a few updates this morning as I'm confined to the house :-)
1. This is more of a prayer request. My dad is a computer programmer. The recession seems to be hitting this area hard. About 4 years ago, my dad quit his job at The Hoover Company in favor for something a little more stable. He worked at Sterling Jewelers as a programmer for a year, but quit that when he got the opportunity to work closer to home for The Timken Company. At the time, it was supposed to be a growing company...one of the most stable places to work. Well it was just announced that they are downsizing thousands of their workers, nationwide. Today he finds out if he gets to keep his job or not. Ive been praying for him all night and morning, and it's time for me to let go and trust that God is in control of this.
2. My mouth felt so good last night for just having 2 of my wisdom teeth removed. I was only experiencing moderate pain and swelling. Well I woke up this morning and look like a chipmunk and feel like a semi truck ran over my face. Praise God that icing my cheeks and taking Vicodin every 4 or 5 hours is minimizing the pain! Although the Vicodin is causing me to have extremely itchy skin. Has anyone else ever had that side effect? For some reason I found it really weird and funny.
3. My home organizing system that I wrote about last week turned out to be one of the best things that have worked for me! Although I took a slight break from it this week because of my oral surgery, I'm chomping at the bit to begin planning for next week. And when I'm on summer vacation, that's when things will really go into overdrive! I can't wait :-)
4. A serious update in my life is that I feel God may have other plans for me besides the teaching profession. He has closed some doors and taken away my desire to teach. I already have some backup plans in mind, and we all know that my dream is to be a stay-at-home mom. Although I don't think it's quite time for that yet. I'm just trusting God that He has a plan for me, and He will lead me.
5. My final update is my blog's new look. What can I say, I'm bored and decided to change things up a bit. Plus I really wanted to add one of my favorite verses to my new header :-)
Have a nice Thursday! And because I think it's time:
Summer Countdown: 19 days!!!