Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Panic

With less than 24 hours left until my wisdom teeth are taken out while I'm awake, I'm starting to panic. I know you're sick of hearing about this by now :-P I'm sick to my stomach and just have a nervous, uptight feeling taking over my whole body. Today I asked my mom if anyone ever died from a wisdom tooth extraction when she was a dental assistant. "NO, you're crazy," She said. And I was kidding. But I'm not kidding about the fact that I need to calm myself down.

"Can you start taking the halcion NOW?" my mom asked. The halcion pills are the ones that are going to make me totally mellow and calm tomorrow (hopefully!) She was joking, but I gotta say, it would be nice if I had something to calm me down.

Luckily a coworker was very sweet today and brought me something that's probably better than halcion:
A king size Reese's Peanut Butter cup pack (that means there are 4 peanut butter cups inside!!) I thought it was such a sweet thought, especially since she knows these are my favorite.

Another sweet thought came from my mom (after all of her hilarious sarcasm :-P) She put me on the prayer chain at church...she's in charge of it since she works there. I'm a little embarrassed for being on the prayer chain for such a minor thing, but of course I appreciate everyone's prayers!

Basically I need to realize that if I can trust God with my life and my future, then I can certainly trust Him with this little dentist appointment. Dentists seem to be my faith's weak spot for some reason. Just an irrational fear, I guess.

I'm sure that his anticipation is 10 times worse than the actual procedure will be. So with that thought in mind, I'm going to go lounge on the couch, cuddle with Gabby (my cat), indulge in some TV or a good book, all while enjoying my chocolate. that should probably relax me, right?

This time tomorrow the stress will all be over! :-D But the pain will just be beginning, I'm told! :-P I can handle the pain though!

4 comments:

  1. Hope it all goes well friend! You're in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and I enjoyed reading it! It's going to be fun "following" along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm sending my Prayers and Hugs. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for your surgery! I'm sure it will go great, and you won't even remember most of it when it's over!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!