Friday, August 21, 2009

5 Years Ago

I'm taking a break from vacation posts today as I finish packing up to come home. I'll fill you in on the rest of our trip the next time I post. But right now I thought I'd take the time to write about what I was doing 5 years ago today.

I remember the day perfectly. I had spent all day working at the pizza/ice cream shop where I worked 40-50 hours a week the summer of 2004. It was my last day working there, because school was about to start. I remember having butterflies in my stomach the whole day at work, because I had a hot date for later that night ;-)

I got off work at 6, and had just enough time to get ready before Luke picked me up on our first date :-) We went to Tinseltown to see a movie. I remember most of the way there we talked about a young adult worship service our church was planning on beginning. It's crazy to think that now that service has been going on for almost 5 years, and Luke is the drummer for the worship band.

The movie we went to see was "The Village." It was a really ridiculous movie, and we both hated it. But we still both had a perfect evening. After the movie, Luke dropped me off at home, and I remember not wanting the night to end!

Who knew that that was the beginning of a relationship that would last a lifetime? Well, I did actually :-) I just KNEW that Luke and I would end up together. I even wrote about it in my journal later that night.

I can't believe we've been together for 5 years now! That's 60 months. 1,825 days. 43,800 hours. 2,628,000 minutes. 157,680,000 seconds. Crazy if you think about it like that! We have spent roughly 1/5 of our lives together. And it's just the beginning.
Here's to many more years together!!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats, hun! Many more blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, cute pictures! I remember the exact date that we went on our first date too. Five years! Time flies, does it not?
    You didn't like "The Village"? I liked it - I thought Lucious was sweet, and it was nice and tense. I like tense movies, as opposed to scary/horror movies. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW! So cute! My husband and I were married on our 5 year anniversary ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww love it! Hope you celebrated today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!