Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kharma

Just a funny story that my sister reminded me of while we were on vacation:

I don't REALLY believe in Kharma, but I did have one thing happen to me on my wedding day that seemed to prove its existance.

My sister and I have a teasing relationship. We make fun of each other a lot, all in honest fun. One day, my sister had a giant zit right in the middle of her forehead. She would NOT stop complaining about it, and quite frankly, it was getting a little annoying. I guess I just didn't think before I jokingly called her "Cyclops." My dad was there with us, and he couldn't help but burst out laughing. I was laughing too. Julie was trying so hard to give us each the death stare, but she also let a little laugh escape from her lips. It was pretty mean of me, but we had to admit it was funny. Julie went on and on about how mean it was of me to say, all while still laughing about it a little bit.

You may be asking yourself what this all has to do with kharma. Take a look at this picture taken on my wedding day sans makeup. Look closely at my forehead:
It's kind of hard to see, but you can probably make out the giant ZIT toward the top of my forehead. Julie was pretty amused and pleased about this. We had to use about 4 tons of makeup for the wedding, and it was still pretty noticeable. Guess that's what I get!

Now every time we hear about kharma, we joke that we have experienced it first-hand. So think twice before you make fun of someone ;-)

3 comments:

  1. haha :) I also think with zits you always think they are more noticeable than they really are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog and wanted to say HI! This was a very funny post. I look forward to reading more about you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, one just popped up on my chin. UGH!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!