Monday, August 10, 2009

My Favorite Time of Year

I always get a sad feeling at the end of summer. I love it so much! But I really don't know why it makes me sad, because it's not even my favorite season.

My absolute FAVORITE season is fall. I have to keep reminding myself that I shouldn't be sad because it's almost fall! This time of year is kind of a bittersweet time for me. I'm so sad to see the lazy days of summer end. I love being outside, swimming, biking, camping, etc. But I love fall EVEN MORE!

I was always the nerd in school who couldn't wait until the school-year started. Summer is great, but I missed all my friends from school. Back to school shopping was THE BEST! And don't even get me started on crisp, fresh, brand new school supplies!

Fall also means football season. Not so exciting to me now, but in high school it meant danceline season. I was on danceline for 2 years, and danced while the marching band played at football games. To this day, when I hear a marching band in the distance, my heart beats a little faster :-) (Oh my goodness, I'm a nerd!!)

I also think that fall is the most beautiful season. Spring is a close second, but I don't think anything beats the beauty of the colors of leaves in fall. I'm really wishing I had a fancy DSLR camera to capture the beauty of fall this year! Maybe next year....or when we're rich. So probably never. :-P

I love the weather in fall! Especially in late October/early November when you can start to feel a chill in the air, but you just need a sweater or light jacket to stay comfortable. I swear, the air even smells better at that time.

Fall foods are the best!! warm apple cidar, pumpkin pie, apple pie, soups, I could go on forever. My mouth is watering for sqaush soup right now! Soup probably wouldn't be too refreshing in the 90 degree whether we've had today, though!

The best thing about fall is by far the holidays. Halloween is so much fun! I love carving pumpkins and watching scary movie marathons! And Thanksgiving is even better. It's one of the few days you have an excuse to completely pig out on the best meal(s) of the year! If you ask me, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and the 4th of July are all free pass days for diets :-)

So my absolute favorite part of the whole year is from September 1 to January 2 (Because I absolutely love Christmas and New Years, too). Even though I'm sad about summer ending, I'm so happy to welcome fall!! Last year I really feel like we missed the whole season :-( That was the time when we were in the middle of buying the house, painting the whole exterior, re-doing the inside, and moving. By Thanksgiving we were finally all done, but most of the season was over by that time! So I intend to take advantage of every minute this fall since we missed last fall :-)

It's so fun being newlyweds and creating new traditions for every season! What are some of your favorite fall traditions?

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I love fall! I like cool weather, and my mouth is watering for traditional fall dishes. Anything with pumpkin in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exactly like you! I might as well have written this post myself - those are my feelings exactly. And I'm a total back-to-school nerd too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo ready for fall! Being from Colorado, I'm a big wimp when it comes to these hot, humid eastern summers. I can't wait to crunch leaves and drink pumpkin spice lattes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you! I'm sad for summer to end but I love fall too! Fall foods and fall clothes and football! Last year we started a tradition of going apple picking and then picking a pumpkin. And we always had people over on Saturday nights to eat chili and watch football games.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!