Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 6 - Fish and Family

Unfortunately I have no pictures to share today. Luke and I bought a new memory card at Wal Mart right before vacation. It has been acting funny all week and giving us problems. Today we keep getting a message on the camera that says "File Error" and it's been locking up our camera screen and our computer whenever we try to do anything with the pictures! Has anyone else ever had this problem or know how to fix it? I know it's not Wal-Mart's fault, but I can't help but hate them a little more for it :-P

Anyway, today we visited the Virginia Aquarium. It was okay...Luke and I went to Ripley's Aquarium on our honeymoon, so it didn't quite live up to that. But still a nice little trip to see some fish :-)

Next we went out to lunch at Max and Erma's...love that place! And from there the girls spent the afternoon shopping while the guys went on a naval ship tour. Luke's really bummed that pretty much the only pictures he took this week (of the ship) seem to be the ones that messed up the camera...We can't seem to get them off of the memory card no matter what we do! Ugh, it's affecting my mood a little, if you can't tell :-P

We spent the evening at my aunt and uncle's house for dinner. They live in a beautiful neighborhood. After dinner, we all walked down to the pier on the bay where I took tons of pictures, and also walked around to look at the mansions on their street. Luckily, I took the pictures tonight with my mom's camera, so I do have access to them...I just don't feel like uploading them all now.

Tomorrow is our last day here before the drive home on Saturday. It's been so much fun, but I'm ready to head home. I miss Gabby! Plus I feel totally refreshed and ready to take on another school year, so I'm ready to get it started! I think we should try to go away a week before school starts every year! ha!

At the mall today, we visited a pet shop where we saw some kittens. I think that's what really made me miss Gabby! I am such a pathetic pet owner. She has somehow become like our child. I'm sure my mother-in-law is taking great care of her, though! But I thought I'd close today with a picture of her, just because I'm missing her so much :-PThis was taken the day before we left. Gabby followed me around all day as I was packing, and she kept trying to play with the sheets as I was putting the clean ones on our bed. I can't wait to see her cute little face on Saturday night!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way with my dogs! I kept missing them one vacation. And when we got home Ralphie and Quincy were so excited and Ralphie followed me all over the house for the rest of the night. And they stuck to my side all morning. I think they missed us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!