Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Announcement

I like to tease with that title, because as soon as you hear that word, you automatically think someone's pregnant, don't you? lol...I know I do! Well, that's not the case here. But I do have some pretty exciting news!

Last night, Luke and I drove about an hour from our house to go look at a little VW Passat. As soon as we got there, someone was test driving the exact car we had called about! Talk about a bummer. But the man told us he had another Passat...older, and with more miles, but CHEAPER. We went ahead and test drove that one, and tried to make ourselves like it, because it was cheaper, but we just didn't. The inside was all torn up and there were small dents in it. And it had 120,000 miles, just 1,000 less than the car I'm getting rid of!

So we drove back to the dealership, hoping that the people who had driven our dream car had decided they didn't want it. While those people were talking to the dealer, we got our chance to test drive the car. As soon as we sat down we both just got huge grins on our faces. The interior was so nice! There was a moon roof AND heated front seats!! (The heated front seats are probably my favorite part! lol). And there are only 95,000 miles on it. Apparently, Passats are supposed to last forever, so Luke says that's really not that many miles.

We got back to the dealership, and it turns out the people who had just driven our dream car DID want it. However, they didn't have the money for a deposit yet. I felt kind of sneaky and underhanded, but we gave the dealer a big fat deposit in order to hold the car for us. So it's ours!!!

We still have to apply for a loan today (sorry Dave Ramsey. We are bad people, and NOT following your rule about car payments. But it will be paid off soon!) but we should be able to drive the car home by the end of this week.

Luke took a picture with his iPhone as we were leaving. Isn't it pretty?? (We're going to fix/clean the headlights so they don't look so yellow and yucky)

I'm pretty excited that I'll not only have AC and a moon roof in the summer, but I'll also have heated front seats in the winter! It's definitely a few steps up from my 1999 Dodge Neon. I told Luke that now all we need is a garage so it doesn't get all rusty. But maybe by the time we buy our next car, we'll be living in a house with a garage :-)

So I'm pretty proud that the second day of my 1,001 day journey, I was able to cross off a huge item from my list: buy a new (to me) car.

Last night I was also able to work on another item on my list: Eat at 5 restaurants where I've never been. On the way home, Luke and I ate at Sonic. Now, I don't know if this is technically considered a real "restaurant" since it's fast food. But Luke and I have been wanting to eat there FOREVER. For years, we kept seeing mouth-watering commercials for Sonic, and yet we had never actually seen one in real life. There were NONE anywhere NEAR us. We started to wonder if this Sonic place with the hilarious commercials and delicious-looking food was just a myth! That is, until we heard about a Sonic that was being built in a town about 45 mintues from our house. Last night we drove past it on our way home from the car dealership, so OF COURSE we finally ate there! It was pretty good, too! And I'm counting it as a restaurant on my list. One down, four more to go :-)So it's been a good week so far, and it's only Tuesday! I'm glad this fun stuff is happening to keep me in a better, less-stressed mood before the school year starts.

11 comments:

  1. Yay! Aren't new (to us) cars the best? I drove an old clunker forever, and when I got my new one, it was like Christmas every time I got in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful car and Sonic sounds so good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the car! And did you love Sonic?!? I absolutely love their chocolate peanut butter shakes! It's like drinking a Reese's PB cup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the almost new car! That is such an exciting thing to cross off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted a VW Passat when I got a car, but ended up going with my Honda Accord - it has a sunroof and front heated seats that are awesome in the winter! ;) Enjoy the new car!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do always assume someone is preggo LOL.

    Cute blog, I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh congrats!! We had a passat (until my brother crashed it! BUT VERY safe!) and I LOVED that car! I actually went to test drive a passat & was going to buy it but when I got to the dealership someone else was buying it and I ended up getting a jetta which I LOVE! It ended up working out great because the Jetta is the size of the older Passats and the Passat was even bigger, so it is the perfect size. So glad you can get your car, sorry to the other people!! And I LOVE sonic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you got the car! One of these days I'm going to get a burger at Sonic - I've never had one of their burgers, but I have been there before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the car deal is going to work out for you.

    Announcement! - I think preggers, or job or house. Funny Girl.

    Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your new car!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was your first time at Sonic??? Oh nO! I LOVE Sonic. Well, I don't LOVE their food but I do love their drinks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!