Saturday, February 14, 2009

I'm Spoiled


I hope your Valentines Day is going great! Even when I was single, I was never one of those people who hated Valentines Day. I used it as an excuse to watch chick flicks, read romantic books, pamper myself, and indulge in lots, and lots of chocolate and ice cream! So even if you don't have a significant other to share today with, I hope you can find some fun ways to enjoy the holiday :-)

Luke and I had a Valentines Day surprise last night. Our neighbors, Rachel and Jared, are also our best friends! Rachel has been my best friend since we were in diapers - she is my cousin. And although we are polar opposites, we've always been very close. And Luke actually roomed with her husband, Jared for a year while they were both still bachelors. It was just a total coincidence and blessing that we happened to move in almost right next to them! Anyway, last night they stopped by to deliver us a little Valentines Day treat:
Aren't they adorable? Rachel is a regular Martha Stewart, and has been as long as I can remember. I love how they even included our initials :-) I was glad I had baked chocolate cupcakes earlier yesterday so I had something to give them in return!

Then Luke and I found out that we're famous. Not really, but a few days ago I wrote about how a lady from our church went on Dr. Phil to get a makeover. She works at the Damascus Fire Department, which just happens to be right beside our house. The show got a few shots of the fire department, and for about half a second, our house was in the background! So if you watched Dr. Phil yesterday (Friday) you saw our house. I know it's not a big deal, but we were excited anyway! haha

Later, Luke played basketball with some of his friends while I worked on our "Dating years" scrapbook. I only wanted to work on a few pages, but I got carried away and filled up all but 3 pages in the album! Here are a couple pages, just for fun:I know the glare makes it hard to see, but I like the Hershey's Kiss labels that frame the picture. I saved them a long time ago when I made cookies with Hershey's Kisses, because I knew I could use them somewhere!

Then this morning, Luke decided to surprise me by making breakfast! This is the first time he's done that since our honeymoon in July, so I thought it was pretty sweet :-)

He made a pretty big mess of the kitchen, but I think I'll keep him anyway ;-)

Yum...homemade waffles and bacon. He did pretty well!
(the bacon wasn't black, I just edited the photo and that's how the bacon turned out afterwards :-P)

I went to my parents' for a few minutes to exchange V-Day gifts with them. My mom really spoiled us!

She got us a basket full of goodies, and Mikasa serving dish from the Italian Countryside collection! I've been slowly building my Mikasa collection ever since my bridal shower. Can you believe she found this at Marcs for a few bucks?! I was shocked...at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, they go for $45 each. I was so excited!Here's a close up of her basket. It contained chocolate-covered pretzels, Sweethearts candies, lots of Hershey's Kisses, some adorable candles, and my favorite Mary-Kay lip gloss.
Had to get a close up of the "Cafe Candles." I'm going to display them in the kitchen somewhere, because I think they are just too cute!

My mom is adorable...she loves buying gifts and making them look pretty. That's why she still buys us all Valentines Day presents every year. For my little sister, she bought a plaque that says "Who cares about love? I'd rather fall in chocolate!" I thought it was cute :-)

I'm excited about date night tonight! This post is simply to kill time, because I'm excited! I'm making Luke his favorite dinner tonight: chicken stir-fry. I'm lucky his favorite meal is such an easy one to make! Then we're going to see "He's Just Not That Into You" at the movie theater. I'm pretty excited!

Tomorrow We STILL won't be finished celebrating Valentines Day. Luke's parents have invited us over tomorrow afternoon for a Valentines Day dinner of burgers, and then homemade cake followed by homemade ice cream! Again, we are so spoiled by both sets of parents! After that we have our Financial Peace University class at church. We're ending the day by going to see "Friday the 13th" with some of our friends, because clearly, we will need something like that after all this mushy, romantic stuff :-P

Luke and I both have off work Monday! Yay for me working in a school system and Luke working for the city! We're going to Bob Evans for breakfast. My mouth is already watering!

It's going to suck going back to work on Tuesday, but until then, I'm going to enjoy every minute of this long weekend! :-D

Have a WONDERFUL Valentines Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww so sweet that he made you breakfast! Garth makes such a big mess of our kitchen too, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!