Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines Dork

That's what I feel like today! I have the day off from work, and my house has become Valentines Central. Sometimes I get a little too into holidays. But I like making things fun and special :-)

This morning I woke up and went shopping right away for some last minute things. I came home and decided I'd do all my wrapping on the living room floor. I really need a big table for my crafts and projects somewhere! Here's all my loot:
I made a bag for Luke full of some camo slippers he wanted and a framed picture I made for him of his concert last weekend. Then I made a bag for my parents and another one for the in-laws. I just got them chocolate. I figured you can't go wrong there!

I got Bliss chocolate and chocolate-covered coffee beans for the in-laws. My mother-in-law will die when she opens the coffee beans, because she hasn't been able to find them anywhere! Who knew they were in the candy aisle of Walmart? I also got the cupcake bags at Walmart. Aren't they cute? I'm usually not a huge fan of the store, but I guess they have some good stuff.
And for my parents I got Mom some Ferrero Rocher chocolates, her aboslute favorite. And some M&Ms for my dad. He's easy to please!
Here are the finished products. I used some stickers to decorate Luke's red bag. And I'm seriously in love with the cupcake bags!
Later I made some chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting.
The frosting recipe is Luke's Mom's, and it's the best I've ever had. Here is the recipe in case you want to try it. It's Luke's absolute favorite, and for Christmas, his sister, Diana, actually just made him a bowl of it. I think it was one of his favorite gifts :-P

Ingredients:

1 c. milk
5 T. flour
1 c. sugar
1 c. Crisco
5 t. vanilla

1. Shake 1 c. milk with 4 T flour and pour into small saucepan. Heat and stir slowly until thickened. Remove from heat and stir briskly to remove any lumps. Cover and put in fridge to cool.

2. Mix 1 c. sugar and 1 c. crisco. Add cooled milk mixture and blend with 4 t. vanilla (add color if wanted) until you can no longer taste sugar crystals.

It is to die for. Very sweet and vanilla-y, but delicious!

Well I'm going to go relax since I've been shopping and baking all day. Have a wonderful Valentines Day tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by!
    Your blog is TOO CUTE! Happy Valentines Day to you.
    And congrats on the new marriage!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!