Thursday, February 5, 2009

Love is in the Air

It's close to Valentines Day, and I couldn't be more in the spirit of the holiday already.
Part of the reason is because I just finished the book "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. It was a good book, and talked about how there are 5 main love languages: acts of service, words of affirmation, physical touch, gifts, and quality time. Everybody has one main love language (or 2) that they give and receive love through. Mine is quality time, for sure! When Luke is too busy to hang out with me, I always feel like my "emotional love tank is empty" (Gary Chapman's somewhat cheesy words, not mine!) It is a good read, and shows you how to love and communicate with your significant other better. If you want to improve your relationship, I would definitely recommend this book!

Another reason I'm ready for Valentines Day is that I baked some cookies today! I was going to wait until next week, but I just couldn't! My sweet tooth was seriously acting up this afternoon, and I just had to make them today.

Aren't these cute? I got the cookie cutters from my sister-in-law as a bridesmaid's gift when I was in her wedding (she got us cute little baskets full of goodies!) This is the first time I've gotten to try them out.

I tried a new recipe for the frosting, because it hardens so you can plate the cookies on top of one another...I'm loving it! and it tastes delicious...very sweet!

And unfortunately I only have one heart-shaped cookie cutter, so there's not too much variety in my cookies!

And the final reason that I'm really feeling in a romantic Valentine-y mood, is that Luke rented Fireproof today! I've been waiting to watch this movie since October, so I'm really excited to see it!! We're going to watch it tonight since we'll be busy this weekend and might not have a chance to watch it then. It's only 6:40, and I'm already ready to take a warm bubble bath since I'm FREEZING (it was 0 degrees when I got to work this morning! Although I think it warmed up to about 15 by the afternoon), get in my nice, warm pj's, cuddle up under about 4 blankets, and watch it with Luke (and Gabby :-P). I'll let you know how the movie is, but I'm expecting it to be pretty good! I've heard that it has changed marriages and lives.

Happy Early Valentines Day :-)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!