Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Some Randomness

Because it's been a pretty random day.

-Watch Dr. Phil This Friday! A lady from my church is going to be on the show! She is the "tomboy who surprises her boyfriend." On Friday's episode. (She's surprising him with a makeover). Her daughter, Mya, is in my preschool KBC class on Wednesday nights, so I heard the scoop tonight when she was dropping her off. She got to do so many fun things while she was in Hollywood, and even met some famous people while she was there! I totally want to try to get on Dr. Phil just for a chance to go to California :-P I'm just really excited to watch someone from the little town of Damascus on Dr. Phil :-)-I've never been so into a season of The Bachelor as I am with this one. Is anyone else watching?? I can't wait until next week! And last night in the previews they showed again that DeAnna is going to show up again and try to steal Jason away from the other girls! Jason was leaning over a balcony, sobbing during the preview. Drama, drama, drama....call me shallow, but I can't wait to watch!!!
-I know I look like I'm only about 17 (I'm actually 24) and Luke looks a lot older than me. It doesn't help that he's 6'4 and I'm 5'1. But tonight I realized things were worse than I thought! A little boy at KBC asked me, "Is he your dad?" and pointed to Luke. lol...it was funny, but a little creepy. At least it's not as bad as the time a kindergartener asked me, "Is there a baby in your belly?" When there most definitely was NOT a baby in my belly. I started counting my calories a little more after that one! Kids say the darndest things, don't they?
I don't think I look THAT much younger :-P And for the record, Luke is 24, too. He is a mere 6 months older than me (almost to the day).

-Today we had our Valentines parties at work (school). It was fun to watch the kids get so excited as they opened their cards and bags full of candy! And not to mention, I got a bunch of chocolate as well, so I'm a happy girl :-)-It was 65 degrees today!!! We had a freak heat wave. I went shopping after work and I had my car windows down! It feels like April. It's a little bittersweet, though, because I know that we are scheduled for some snow storms next week. It's like the weather's just teasing us. But I'm happy for a warm, beautiful day, anyway!

- Because of the crazy weather, tonight we have been experiencing some extreme wind and rain. There have been tornado watches out for surrounding counties, and our electricity went out a few times. I'm praying it doesn't got out again! Last fall we had an extreme wind storm, and our electricity was out for 3 days. It was not a fun time. I don't want to go through that again.

-I have a 4 day weekend coming up, and I can't wait! So tomorrow is actually like Friday to me. :-D I'm glad Valentines Day falls on the long weekend. Luke and I have lots of fun plans! On Saturday I plan on making him a bunch of chocolate cupcakes with his favorite icing, and then for dinner I'm going to make his favorite: chicken stir-fry. After that, I'm making him take me to the movies to see "He's Just Not That into You." Then on Monday morning, we decided we were going out for breakfast since we never get to do that. We actually both have Monday off, so we're excited. I'm just dying for some Belgian Waffles from Bob Evans!
Well I think I'm going to go chill and enjoy the fact that after tomorrow at 2:30, I can enjoy 4 long days of relaxation and romance. What more could a girl ask for? ;-)

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!