Friday, October 21, 2011

Home Organizing Binder Part 2

Last weekend I was able to work on a few more sections of my home organizing binder. The first was my blog section.

This section is pretty brief right now. I'm sure I'll add more to it as time goes on. But right now my main purpose in adding a blog section was to create a space where I could keep all of the blog post ideas that are just floating around in my head. I can't tell you how many times I think of ideas for blog posts and then can't remember them when I need them. This way, I will have a whole list of topics to pick from when I'm out of inspiration.

The first sheets in this section are simple "Blog Idea" sheets. I designed them in Scrapbook Factory, and I decided to keep the theme seasonal so I don't get bored with them :-)

And the next section is where I keep a print off of my emails for the infertility prayer chain so I can just turn to that page during my prayer time.

And that's it for the blog section: simple, but functional.

***

The next section I completed was the Mail section. Let me paint a picture for you: every time I wanted to send a letter before, I would have to search through all the files on my computer to find my address list. Then I'd have to search every nook and cranny of the house for where we had left the stamps. Next I'd have to find an envelope the right size. That's just too much work. Last time I wrote about my binder, I said that my goal was to keep everything in one place. And that's what I've done with the mail section.

The first section is a print out of all our contacts

Then we have the folder full of envelopes, stamps, a few random thank you cards and eventually some birthday cards if I can get it together enough to stock up or buy them ahead of time :-P

Finally, I have a print-out for each month where I can write down birthdays, anniversaries, and any other important yearly dates. Again, I made these in Scrapbook Factory.
I would show you a few more months so you can see how festive they are, but my new computer hates me and no matter what I do, will not display these photos in the right direction. They're all weirdly flipped on their sides when I add them to Blogger, even the ones that weren't originally flipped that way. Hmmm....weirdest thing ever.

Anyway, that's pretty much it. Again, simple and functional are my two key words with this project!

I'm currently working on the meal/recipe section and the schedule/to-do list section. I will hopefully have another update in a week!

6 comments:

  1. Love it!
    I wish I was the kind of girl who would follow through on using it for longer than just a month... alas, I am ADD with any time of home/organizing "projects."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your binder! I made mine earlier this year and it has been such a HUGE help to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you saved some space in your binder just for blogging. :)
    My mom also makes a list of what she wants to post on her blog. http://www.alifeofcontentment.com/
    My online friend and I used to do devotions, and I would have my mom print out the schedule for me to keep on my desk. I should start doing that again, along with a prayer chain.
    My mom has a "Mail Station". A little white bucket that I gave to her,that holds her stamps, sharpies, pens, envelopes and all that good stuff. I should make me a "Mail Station" too.
    Your calender looks cute! I like the font, the numbers, and the little orange leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the sections you added! I think I need to create a blog and address binder - I can never find the addresses I need, and I always come up with good post ideas and write them down, but they are scattered on peieces of paper all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your binder! Like you, I always have some sort of blog post floating in my head, but if I don't write it down it doesn't get posted!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!