Thursday, January 15, 2009

Big News!

My husband is a drummer, and he's in the worship/rock band at my church. They play on Sunday mornings during our young adult service at church. They've been asked to play at a few different churches in the area, but nothing huge.

Last night, they were asked to open for:



This is a huge deal!!! If you don't know of Remedy Drive, they are a pretty popular Christian band! The Christian radio station I listen to on the way to work plays their music all the time. It's just really exciting that they're opening for a real, somewhat popular band that people have heard of! Luke is so excited. The concert is at a big, nearby high school in February. I will be there wearing my One80 (Luke's band's name) t-shirt!!

I wish I could figure out how to post videos from the internet on here. But I can't...they're on youtube if you want to check them out. The song in their video is one of their original songs...it's a slow, serious one. But they can sure rock out, too!

Here are some cute pictures of them, just because I'm so proud!

Here is their CD cover. Luke's the one that's about a head taller than everybody :-P

Here they are in the studio, recording their first and only CD (Check out Jared's awesome "Pick Jesus" shirt! Luke and I bought it for him at a cute little shop in Myrtle Beach. If you can't tell, the words are written in a guitar pick. That's why it's funny :-P).

They're goofy

Anchorman "New Suits" Shot:

I love this one, because apparently Luke didn't get the memo that they were supposed to look seirous and tough :-P

And here's Luke lookin' cute, doing one of his favorite things. He's pretty amazing at it too!

I'm super excited for the concert! I'll be sure to post lots of pictures afterwards :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you both!! That is sooooooo cool!! My speakers are broken but I'm going to use my Mom's computer to check them out!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Congrats! I'm going to check them out. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!